• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World War Z

Caros

First Post
World War Z

I'm wondering how many people have ever really read the book, or the Zombie survival guide for that matter. Sort of an obscure sort of thing, I'd have never looked twice at it but for my absolute love of the zombie flick.

That aside, This is my next leap into the PBP DMing. I had thought to use it as my initial venture, but decided I'd wait till I got my feet under me.

To sum it up for those who don't know, World War Z is a book containing the history of a fictional Zombie war. Its a step back view of what happens to the world as a whole in movies like Dawn of the Dead.

I'm looking for as many players who are willing to join. I'm going to pick a city (probably my home city) and players will, well try to survive.

The campaign will be starting during what is called the great panic. Its the point when the undead start rising in pretty much every major city. The placebo that governments put out to immunize people against "African Rabies" Doesn't work, and everyone is scrambling over everyone else in an effort to save themselves.

The twist? I'll have you playing yourselves. For anyone who is comfortable with the idea, I'll have you make yourself as a PC, your job, your house etc, whatever resources you have I'll plop into the city. For anyone who is uncomfortable with the idea, just make a character under the rules I'll be using.

Speaking of rules, unless anyone has a better system that is more widely available, I believe I will be using the World of Darkness 2.0. Mortals only obviously.

Don't think I'm missing anything big at the moment. Discuss, give me your opinion. ^^;

ethandrew

First Post
I love the books. The survival guide is so tongue in cheek amusing that I couldn't put it down. The practicality is superb. Sign me up. What do you need me to do? I don't know World of Darkness, but I'll learn to be in this game!

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I don't know of an online resource for nWOD.

Anyways here's my character submission, er um, me. I tried to be as accurate as possible.

[SBLOCK]Darwin Bell
---------------

Description: A male in his late 20's with some appearance of being younger than he is. Shoulder length naturally curly dark hair usually tied in a dishevaled ponytail, He has bright blue eyes and stays clean shaven. Typically found dressed relaxed in a t-shirt and jeans, with a nearly worn out pair of Doc Martins. At a even 6' and physically thin weighing in at about 145lbs he appears rather frail.

Darwin is usually always broke, but does own his own house with a fenced in back yard. His car is parked in his garage meaning he can get into his car and drive away without leaving the house. He is however sledom home as he has school for 3 hours in the morning then full time work afterwards and a girlfriend who has her own apartment.

ATTRIBUTES:
Intelligence *** Wits *** Resolve **
Strength ** Dexterity *** Stamina **
Presence ** Manipulation *** Composure *

SKILLS:
Academics *** Computers *** Crafts ** (Computer, Electronic) SCience ***
Firearms * (Bow) Survival ** Weaponry *
Empathy ** Expression * Persuasion ** Socialize **

MERITS:
Eidectic Memory ** Encyclopedic Knowledge **** Direction Sense *

Willpower: 3
Morality: 7
Virtue: Hope
Vice: Sloth
Initiative: 4
Defense: 3
Speed: 10
Health: 7
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
If only I had a friend who had WoD. I actually went on wiki and found out some useful information on its site, but nothing that would let me create a character or be cohesive in a group quite yet.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I could give it a shot too. You mean the New WoD, right?
Here's my me:
[sblock]Mike
------

Description: A young man in his early twenties, Mike works as a security guard in your normal nondescript office-building. Mike has a long, thick goatee and he regularly shaves his head so he is bald most of the time, unless he's been too busy to shave for a while. When not wearing his uniform Mike wears a pair of black jeans and a black shirt.

Mike may be a bit slow guy but he is quite strong. He gets along with people well despite the fact that he looks quite intimidating. Although he doesn't own a gun he is very proficient with firearms.

Currently he lives in a rental apartment in downtown area.

I'll get the stats done ASAP[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Hai-ya!

Well, I'll have "ME" stats done up, but for now wanted to express my interest and ask you some questions: Are we assuming everyone lives in the same city then? Do we know each other? Will we be thrown together randomly? Are we all in town for some giant gaming convention when the zombies strike, explaining why we all 'kind of" know each other, and are all in the same city? Why do hot dogs come in packages of 12 and hot dog buns come in packages of 8?

Also, if it's set in 'your' home-town, can I Implement Plan B?

Jemal

Adventurer
BTW, to those who don't have it.. It's the next Gen World of Darkness (Vampire the Masquerade, etc). Fairly easy to make a character, especially if you have some experience with the original. (ANd VERY especially since we're making ourselves).

Remove ads