• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst. Title. Evar.

caudor

Adventurer
Dumb title, but I'm glad to see the book. I'm still on depression medication right now, but I'm feeling much much than I did seven months ago. I'm very thankful now that I'm still around to haunt ENWorld with my spooky clown avatar.

I know from experience that depression is very dangerous thing; a person just can't snap out of it anymore than someone can snap out of a broken arm.

If the book prompts one person that needs help to ask for it, then the book is a good book--even if it does have a silly title. :)

reveal

Adventurer
caudor said:
If the book prompts one person that needs help to ask for it, then the book is a good book--even if it does have a silly title. :)

Yeah, I'm definitely not belittling the message or intent of the book. I just think it's a silly name.

"I would buy the book, but I'm clinically depressed and I don't like being called a dummy." ;)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
True. Also the book can be a big help for friends and families of anyone with this condition. Most of us know too little about clinical depression, nor are there many reliable sources for more info, short of visiting a doctor or clinic.
I think this book has just gone onto my "to buy" list.

caudor

Adventurer
reveal said:
Yeah, I'm definitely not belittling the message or intent of the book. I just think it's a silly name.

"I would buy the book, but I'm clinically depressed and I don't like being called a dummy." ;)

Yes, I know. I'm cool with the thread too.
:)

Melkor said:
It is cool.

And tell me more about sex for dummies.

Well first you need to compare prices. Mannequins aren't cheap, and while top-of-the-line models from Japan can come equipped with heating and vibra- . . .

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Sex for dummies.

Heheh. :heh:

D-rock

First Post
It doesn't seem like a good idea to call someone with depression a dummy. Also isn't this a situation that is too serious to be handled in this matter. What’s next? "How to Perform Surgery on Yourself for Dummies" :\

Remove ads