Terrible sequels

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
My Girl had a sequel? I really didnt know that!

She gets sent to a relative -Dan Arkroyd, or was it the guy from Uncle Buck?- for the summer, meets a new guy who is a bit of a jerk with a heart of gold delinquent wannabe... I don't remember more.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
1705557875342.jpeg

GrimCo

Adventurer
Chronicles of Riddick & Riddick. Pitch Black was good SF/horror flick with perfectly good ending. While i'll admit that Chronicles are fun flick, they are mediocre SF at best. Last one, not so much, since it kind of recycles premises from Pitch Black ( survival on hostile planet as main theme).

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Chronicles of Riddick & Riddick. Pitch Black was good SF/horror flick with perfectly good ending. While i'll admit that Chronicles are fun flick, they are mediocre SF at best. Last one, not so much, since it kind of recycles premises from Pitch Black ( survival on hostile planet as main theme).
Yeah going space opera didn't work. Its true, third film is first film all over again, but I still really enjoyed it.

p_johnston

Adventurer
Ill agree on riddick but ill defend chronicles to my last breath. Not as...you know a good movie but it is fun and has lots of heart. Riddick is pretty bad though

GrimCo

Adventurer
Ill agree on riddick but ill defend chronicles to my last breath. Not as...you know a good movie but it is fun and has lots of heart. Riddick is pretty bad though

IMHO, Chronicles are in fun "good" bad movie category. It had few interesting thing, a bit of WH40K vibe with Necromongers. Too bad RIddick just tossed everything from Chronicles in garbage and went for Pitch Black premise. They could so much more with franchise.

Pitch black was solid low budget movie. Chronicles were sadly expensive big budget financial flop. I would guess that was the reason why third movie went to mid budget category.

Remove ads