Movie Sequels

Ryujin

Legend
Me too. I watched it twice again this year. Honestly, the original terminator is an excellent movie, far better than the sequel (it is dark, gritty, has a solid time loop, has a menacing threat, the acting, at least in my opinion, is perfect for the style of film it is, and the action is great). And the music goes with it perfectly. The sequel is just a big summer block buster. It is perfectly entertaining and has more advanced effects but the original was way more grounded and told a much better story. I thought most of the effects in the original were good too. The one where he takes out his eye is a bit goofy, but the rest look quite good when you consider the time it was made and the budget it was made on.
Plus, the original had Bess Motta, known for being the star of the most popular TV show in American prisons ;)

Ryujin

Legend
I do recall her making an impression even though she was only in the film for a brief period. Also I always liked her line "Fooled you, you're talking to a machine" because it tied to the core theme and you notice it on the second viewing
Look up "20 Minute Workout." It's an "exercise programme, from the 1980s, that had a trio of scantily clad girls supposedly leading aerobic exercise routines. This is why it was reported to be the #1 watched TV show in American prisons ;)

She definitely had presence and honed it on that show.

I'll take your word for it. I know I fell between the "I saw it in the theater" and "I streamed it" generations, It was a Blockbuster night, actually Video Factory or Rite-Aid in the early 80s and I know we went through a Bond phase but I cant remember one from the other. How many times can you put rockets on skis or a laser into a pen?

If you are ever in the mood to revisit an old Bond film and want something a bit different from rockets on skis type Bond, you might give From Russia To Love another go. It really feels more like late-50s Hitchcock than James Bond. Even the first Eon film, Dr No, was closer to where they ended up going with the franchise though on a smaller budget than later films.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Quite possibly, but can't confirm. What i do know is that McGoohan said that he used "Danger Man" to fund the project that he really wanted to make ("The Prisoner"). The latter was part of my college film course.
Oh, there is no definitive answer. It has been a subject of debate that (wisely, IMO) McGoohan never settled. I think having Number 6's background be implied but nebulous is best.

Remove ads