Movie Sequels

R_J_K75

Legend
Here's one movie that will never get a sequel most likely is, "This Is Spinal Tap", although I don't think I'd be opposed if they all came back, Rob Reiner, Harry Shearer, Michael McKean, and Christopher Guest, and of course Dana Carvey

Ryujin

Legend
We're not talking about Bond anymore right? Flint as in McLintok or the Rifleman phase The Sergio Leone?Eastwood phase?
Bond adjacent. In the '60s there was a bit of a secret agent craze and a desire to jump on the band wagon. This resulted in two rather notable properties; Derek Flint, played by James Coburn and Matt Helm, played by Dean Martin.

(And yes, it's that Sharon Tate in the movie)

MarkB

Legend
Here's one movie that will never get a sequel most likely is, "This Is Spinal Tap", although I don't think I'd be opposed if they all came back, Rob Reiner, Harry Shearer, Michael McKean, and Christopher Guest, and of course Dana Carvey
The DVD version of that felt like three movies in one - the original, then the outtakes compiled into practically a second movie, then the commentary track done entirely in-character as the band.

Ryujin

Legend

R_J_K75

Legend
The DVD version of that felt like three movies in one - the original, then the outtakes compiled into practically a second movie, then the commentary track done entirely in-character as the band.
I own the DVD but perhaps not that version. I've never been an out take or commentary guy so I may have missed it. I'll have to look next time I run downstairs.

R_J_K75

Legend
Bond adjacent. In the '60s there was a bit of a secret agent craze and a desire to jump on the band wagon. This resulted in two rather notable properties; Derek Flint, played by James Coburn and Matt Helm, played by Dean Martin.

(And yes, it's that Sharon Tate in the movie)
Got you, wasn't anything I've seen or was aware of.

Ryujin

Legend
Got you, wasn't anything I've seen or was aware of.
They're definitely worth watching, to get an idea of the culture of the time. They'd never fly today, though that can be said of most of the old Bond stuff too. Both were more parodies of the genre, than meant to be taken seriously.

EDIT - I should also note that the same craze resulted in "Danger Man", the profits from which were used to fund "The Prisoner."

R_J_K75

Legend
They're definitely worth watching, to get an idea of the culture of the time. They'd never fly today, though that can be said of most of the old Bond stuff too. Both were more parodies of the genre, than meant to be taken seriously.
Probably more along the lines of Get Smart, Man From UNCLE?

Remove ads