Movie Sequels

Ryujin

Legend
Cap and Thor had had no exposure to speak of outside of print comics at that point. If you weren't reading comics, they weren't a big deal yet in the broader movie market.
It had been a while but Cap had a made for TV movie, back in the late '70s. There were also the cartoons of the mid-'60s. Sadly, Thor only had "Adventures in Babysitting", since the mid-'60s cartoons.

R_J_K75

Legend
It had been a while but Cap had a made for TV movie, back in the late '70s. There were also the cartoons of the mid-'60s. Sadly, Thor only had "Adventures in Babysitting", since the mid-'60s cartoons.
Dont forget that Thor made an appearance in an Incredible Hulk made for TV movie too in the lates 70s/early 80s iirc. But that not important right now!! You basically read my mind as this was almost the exact post I was going to make earlier this morning before I got distracted and forgot.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yes, I forgot about that one. Thanks.

View attachment 323321
Looks like they spent about $1.50 on special effects at K-Mart. Poor Thor doesn't even have a hammer. Why do they both look constipated? Oh yeah they spent their whole budget on Krylon spray paint and a belt out of the womans department instead of some Miralax. Should've waited for the Blue Light Special.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Looks like they spent about $1.50 on special effects at K-Mart. Poor Thor doesn't even have a hammer. Why do they both look constipated? Oh yeah they spent their whole budget on Krylon spray paint and a belt out of the womans department instead of some Miralax. Should've waited for the Blue Light Special.
I grew up with things like that (not to mention reruns of the campy Batman TV show from the 1960s and the Spider-Man TV show from like 1978). With that in mind folks may understand why I still maintain we are in a golden age of superhero entertainment, even with movies like Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania out there.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Not sequels at all but there was that one year where they made two different movies titled Hercules that featured, between them, only one actual Hercules

Clint_L

Hero
I thought Pirates of the Carribbean was a great movie but the next two sequels were very, very bad.
There've been like five sequels or something.

But yeah, only the original movie is any good. So why are we talking about it in this thread?

As for great sequels, I'm going to propose both Dawn of the Dead and Return of the Living Dead, which spun off Night of the Living Dead into different franchises after shenanigans with the rights to the original film.

Remove ads