WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik rankles his eyebrow at being called some other odd name. "Mandragore? Who? What?" The half-orc shakes his head at the strangeness of it all.

His horse nickers and turns, but he keeps it turning until it has done a full circle. "Look, Torrent, these people are hardly safe here. We can at least get them to the other side of the Fire Forest. It will keep them a bit safer than if they stay here." His voice goes far quieter as he continues, "Besides, I don't like what she's saying about the Scourge. And call me superstitious if you want, but it's bad luck not to listen to a seer."

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade the Surley Rogue

Shade scratches her chin with the back of her black gloved hand, delving into the depths of her memory of the area. She turns slightly to the others, giving them a 'gather' nod.

"This is that crazy artist that likes to dominate his family members, enslaving them to his will with dark magics. This is not a place we want to be for any length of time, if you enjoy your bodily cavities unprobed by that creepy old relic without remembering it." She glances back over her shoulder, at the young woman with what might be a hint of pity for a moment before continuing. "He's probably been molesting his own daughter for years. I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of two headed babies running around here by now..."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"I will have to trust your words on this... and there is a magic aura around the woman. I cannot identify it, but mind control magic was always my weak side."
Fantalss adds to Shade's words.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 4/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda was about to speak up with some agreement with Barrick but as Shade rants on she looks at the elf then the old man, back to the elf, and then again to the old man. The dwarf's hand moves to her axe but does not draw it. She mutters an incantation and looks about, especially the young woman.

((Detect Magic, Knowledge (Arcana) roll 1d20+7=17))

As she looks over things she comments, "I am in agreement with Barrick. We could get them away from here. Cyrstin looks old enough to be deciding things on her own. If she wish to come and the old man wish to remain where the Ragesians can find him, that is all on him."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron ignores the thoughts from Shade's outburst. Her mind was feeble; weak and unaccustomed to simple aid. It was her manner, and the way her mind worked, to fill in the gaps with anything incredulous and obscene.

"Then it is settled. We will aid in what way we can. She has asked for aid, and I will not turn my back on those that ask. There is an aura of good from her, weak, but still it is there."

Turning back to Crystin, he answers, "My name is Aaron. Your father seems to be set on staying here, and there are details of his past that Shade here is all to eager to fill in the blanks. Ragesians give chase to any with magical powers. Your father is not safe here. Neither, I would assume, are you."

Dismounting, Aaron gathers the horses' reins and looks around. "Now, tell us what troubles you..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The girls face brightens as Aaron addresses her. Then a small blush forms and she looks away for a moment. "You will help us?" she asks shyly. And when Aaron nods she smiles making the young man feel... invigorated. ;)

"Please you all look tired and can stay here tonight. Let's take the horses to the stable and I will tell you all I can."

The "stable" is really a wooden roof that uses a large hill as a back wall, a ragged roan is tied up to a long post as there are no stalls. By the time the group gets the horses ready for a rest the sun has complete set and the sky has gone from the dark blue of sunset to a deep purple to the north. But to the south the Fire Forest lights up the night sky.

"Oh I can't wait to spend the night in there." Torrent says sarcastically. "Doubt we will be able to get any sleep at all. What is your story girl does your father control you as some have suggested."

"My father?"
Cyrstin says a little confused. "My father is just troubled. First his brother died and then my mother." She looks over at the two stone cairns and strokes the black staff lovingly as if remembering something. "He has become sick too, you heard his cough. He has stayed here near the burning forest for so long the smoke has gotten deep into his lungs. Help me convince him to leave in the morning I don't wish to leave without him. Please, oh please Aaron, you must try."

After her pleading she looks a little sheepish again, not looking the young inquisitor in the eye. Aaron stares speechless.

"Ahem," Torrent says after a long silence. "We should see to dinner and then perhaps a good nights rest."

"Oh follow me."
Cyrstin says quickly hurrying towards the home.

The others follow each walking by Aaron and giving him a knowing look but saying nothing.

[sblock=OOC] Except maybe for Shade LOL. Sorry FtF we have no control over the people we... umm... find attractive, so this is your characters "other" bodyguard potential I was talking about. This should be fun.

Cyrstin will lead everyone into the home where I wish to do a little planning session on what to except for the upcoming module. This will be done around a meal of stew that has more ash taste than usual. Please feel free to ask any question you have on anything. And after I will post answers and Torrent's plan for making it through the Fire Forest.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=WD] Before leaving Gate Pass Fantalass was given a letter and instructions. They said to wait till he was away from the city before opening the second scroll tube. I believe now would be a good time to do so.

Let me know if he opens the scroll at the table or waits for privacy (probably not going to happen - sorry to many people in to small a home). Or what you wish to do. But the scroll case is important for the upcoming module.

Thanks[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=HM]I will try to read it next time privately after preparing spells. They will not watch him an hour as he looks at different writings ;)[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
At the bequest of the young woman, Aaron is at a loss for words. Before allowing Shade to fill the awkward silence with her notions of chivalry, he answers, "I will do what I can."

Aaron moves along after seeing the others and their glances at him. Realizing what they were seeing, his face almost flushes before he quickly follows the others. He tries not to look at Crystin too much, but found it harder than he had hoped. Sighing, and knowing that they would soon be on the road, he wonders just what this stop will bring to them all.

As he enters, he takes in the surroundings, noting where the windows were, the doors, and what the best way to exit would be. Their recent dealing with the bombed rendezvous point in Gate's Pass had him unknowingly looking for things like that. Finding a way to keep his eyes off of Crystin, he turns to Torrent, asking, "How much further do we have?"

Remove ads