• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda has watched and kept quiet. She will speak with the others in soft tones and agree with little issue in helping the girl and her grumpy father.

She nods to Torrent at the offer of the potions, "I can pray to Gracenyes for a spell for myself, if you can do so for yourself, so we can take the pair with us?"

After some fresh water (created herself) which she offers to all present, especially the paranoid elven rogue. She turns to Torrent while she sips the cup of water, "What can you tell us of the forest? Are their dangerous creatures within?"

[sblock=Comments]While there is a more medieval theme to most campaigns, unlike real life there are strange an wonderful things like mages and clerics, and so much more. There does seem to be some level of education in the WoBS. Temples, nobility sort of thing. Nothing wrong with the view though, but at the same time do not go too overboard... Do not want to lay some smack down on some elf. ;)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
*cough* *cough* cough*

Haddin has trouble speaking up at first, but when he does start it is a tirade to be sure.

"I have not enthralled my own daughter(lie), she is all I have left."(true) Haddin says in a raspy voice. "Who are you to *cough* accuse me in my own home. *cough* *cough* "My brother became a better man from what I did.(true) He was killed trying to help.(true) *cough* But what I did, didn't save him so I promised Cyrstin I would never do it again, and I haven't."(lie) *cough* *cough*

Torrent looks at the confrontation with a raised eyebrow and asks. "So if she wishes to leave you will let her?"

Cyrstin burst into tears, "No father please we need to go with them. We will die if we don't agree to go."

"I am dying girl!" *cough* Haddin says standing. "And I wish *cough* *cough* to finish doing that here. With you beside me and your mother's *cough* pictures looking on." He glances sadly at the portraits about the walls and the group notices now that most are of a lovely woman that looks a lot like Cyrstin. "To be buried next to your mother and my brother and not die *cough* *cough* in some forsaken and cursed forest." *cough*
Haddin heads to a stair case and then turning he says before heading up. "They are *cough* leaving *cough* in the morning and we are staying here. *cough* Understood Cyrstin?"

The girl bows her head tears flowing down her cheeks. "Yes father," she says meekly.

[sblock=WD] No magic casted during the exchange.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"You have lied. You have enthralled her, and in doing so, lied to her as well. You can stay here and die, for your lies and own pain and suffering. She, if she chooses, will come with us."

Aaron turns to Fantalass, awaiting to see if there is any word on any magic being used. As he sees the mouthed words, he nods in appreciation.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
One the grumpy father has departed and the young woman is away from the group Marda replies, "With Gracenyes' will, I could cast a protection spell on the young woman to wrest his control of her. The only issue, is that the spell has a limited time. And if the old man is more powerful then I, overcoming that may not even work, it merely gives the woman a chance."

And in a deep whisper, "Or we just take the girl..." she looks almost sick, "I loathe the idea, but she is not of her right mind. If the old man wishes to die it is his choice, the young woman can make her own decisions as well."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik frowns, but nods at Marda's words. "I think that's about the best option we're likely to get," he says quietly, scratching his eidolon's head. The strange beast rests its head in its master's lap. It opens one eye lazily, gives a raspy sigh and closes the eye again as it mumbles, "Girl easy prey for hunters..."

[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, D&D is only medieval in a rather loose sense. The level of literacy is another factor...

Anyways, I'm a little surprised no one has asked about the talking ash-colored wolf-thing. ;)
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron is at a loss. He does not know what the best option is, and what Gravenys would do. Times like this, he contemplates just what course of action would be best. Nearing the fire, he kneels, closing his eyes and thinking on their choices. He wonders if taking the girl without her father is what they should do. Or should they force the old man to go as well?

His thoughts pour over the two options, as the dream shroud opens his senses to what the correct path would be...

[sblock=OOC Dream Shroud] Might as well start this thing up and see how it works. He is contemplating the two choices, and wonders which one would be best in Gracenys favor. Using the ability of the Phylactery of Faithfulness. Taking his time to think on things.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Dream Shroud only confirms Aaron's worst fears. He can not justly force Haddin to accompany the party, and even if he has some kind of magical hold over his daughter it would be best if she came willing. And Aaron knows that Cyrstin would not leave without her father.

Freedom to chose or no you should never force your will onto others even if you believe it is for their own good. Who is to say what is best for one is best for all.

[sblock=OOC] Will post up the night passing if you are ready FtF, I think everyone else is.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The night is indeed a restless one. Shade and Marda are put up in a spare room while Torrent shares Cyrstin's room. The two men and the elf have to roll out their bedrolls on the stone floor near the slowly dying fire of the hearth.

Not quite settled about the environment small watch of just a couple hours is set but nothing torrid happens and morning comes, even though it is hard to tell the sun is rising with the eternal forest fire lighting the sky.

As you pack and have some breakfast Haddin comes down and fixes everyone with a glare. He cares a black studded leather jerkin that looks to be freshly oiled and shined. The silver studs are each almost like a mirror.

"Here," he says to Barrik as he hands the armor over to the surprised half-orc. "This use to be my brothers. You remind me of him so I want you to have it. It's magical and a little more protective than normal. And besides it's best not to wear to much metal armor wear you all are headed."

Torrent raises and eye brow and bites her lip before a smart retort about where is her's comes out her mouth.

Cyrstin looks anxious and asks timidly, "Can we go with..."

"NO!" Haddin answers before the question is finished. "It is best they are on their way and we get back to are lives Cyrstin."

The young woman just bows her head sadly and says, "Yes father."

[sblock=OOC] Ok need spells and such for the day. So how about a post of what you did in the morning before the above happened (breakfast, prayed, studied, sharpened, etc.) then your responds to the above and we can get to a little RPing. WD you get your own in the morning post below.[/sblock]

Remove ads