WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"We are dilettantish followed by a man in a nondescript brown cloak, the hood up. Do you see him."
Fantalass asks ver quiet, but his voice is magically transferred to the other group members.

[sblock=OOC]

cast message

Why I only get 20 when I would only need a 3 to succeed??? :(

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 7/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
The half-orc walks with the group, hefting his now-heavier pack. "You still haven't told us just how you plan to get out of the city, Torrent," he states softly. "As we're already on the path, care to elaborate on the plan, rather than leave us in the dark?"

((edited in after the roll))

Barrik nods at Fantalass. "Yeah. How do we want to handle him?"

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda smiles at the half-orc and replies simply, "We could stop and ask whomever it is, who are they and what they want with us? Should discover rather quickly whether he is a friend or foe."

The dwarven woman takes the initiative, turning about and coming to a stop Marda sets herself square with the cloaked stranger. She asks, weapon lowered but still in hand and shield comfortably protecting much of her, "Well met. Pardon my frankness and lack of courtesy, but these are troubling times... Who are you? And why are you following us?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Pulling his hood back dramaticly the man stands before the party arms folded across his chest. "Greetings Torrent and companions!" the man says in a commanding voice. "I am The Great Rantle!"

Tall, dark-haired, and roguishly handsome, by his goatee and massive greatsword you recognize this man as the local folk hero Rantle, a scoundrel and defender of the common man. Despite his light chain armor, his smirk says clearly that he thinks he’s invincible.

Passers-by start to gap and point and cries of "It's him! It really is him!" start to be heard throughout the street.
_

Attachments

• Rantle.jpg
    Rantle.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 51

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik grumbles as Marda simply approaches and tries to chat with the hooded man. Even with him appearing and claiming to be the folk hero doesn't dissuade the half-orc's suspicion. Recent experience with illusions...

In a stereotypically gruff voice, the half-orc says, "And what do you want with us, that you recognize and address Torrent by name?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Sorry, I was givin a description of Torrent from friends we share in...hmm let's just say we have mutual friends who are very resistant to most things that plague Gate Pass." he says with a knowing grin. "I was not told with whom she was traveling with though perhaps an introduction is in order, no?"

"Rantel," he says stepping forward and offering a hand to Barrik.
_

Dragonwriter

First Post
Still frowning, Barrik cautiously shakes the man's hand. "Barrik." More quietly, he asks of the man, "Who, exactly? We had a fair bit of trouble last night. Can't be too careful."

Remove ads