WotC posting a lot of Star Wars material before the license ends.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Here are two of the most important files for Star Wars: Saga Edition, representing informaiton that is more than likely going to be deleted from WotC's website "soon". I caution that the material on WotC's Star Wars Full Archives page for the Original Core Rules and the Revised Core Rules are not included in these files. This material is for Saga Edition only.

Dawn of Defiance_Complete is the complete Dawn of Defiance Adventure Path plus GM summary for the Dawn of Defiance campaign.

link removed

WotC StarWars Saga Archives is a Firefox Compatible webcrawl of each of the web pages for SW:SE on the WotC Full archives. Some (though not all) of the Star Wars mini scenarios are archived here as well.

link removed

Both files are approximately 35 megs in size and are hosted on Mediafire.

Mod Edit: Links to copyright-violating materials removed ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Treebore

First Post
OK, I have them DLed, but what program do I use to open and read them? I have tried Foxit, so how do I use Firefox to read it? Select it as my program for opening the file?

Steel_Wind

Legend
OK, I have them DLed, but what program do I use to open and read them? I have tried Foxit, so how do I use Firefox to read it? Select it as my program for opening the file?

Open the .rar archives with winrar.

The individual MMF (or whatever the extension is, I forget the preciese letter combination) are document archives that are opened automatically by Mozilla Firefox.

The .pdf files are opened by whatever pdf reader you have installed on your machine as the default reader. Foxit, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, etc.

Well, if anybody was wondering, it happened.

WotC has taken down all Star Wars content from their web site. Although their prior announcement said that products would be available until August, as of at least yesterday morning all web support, or even acknowledgment of the existence of Star Wars RPG and Miniatures is gone.

I'm sad to see it all go. Star Wars was my first RPG I played, first I GM'ed, been playing it (in various incarnations) since 1997. I've been buying minis for future campaigns like mad on the secondary markets to finish off collections before the price skyrockets, and trying to complete my collection of Saga Edition books. I have most of the d6 books, all the OCR and RCR books, and hopefully I'll be able to get all the Saga books too.

I am not happy to see Star Wars RPG out of print for the first time in a decade again, especially with no sign of any other company picking up the license. When WEG failed, rumors began flying almost instantly that it would be in the hands of TSR and/or WotC (as this was around the time of the buyout of TSR). Now, there is no clear heir to the game.

Honestly, as popular as Star Wars is as a game, and with the wealth of materials made I could play for the rest of my life with no new materials, but it still is sad to see it go out of print.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Well, if anybody was wondering, it happened.

WotC has taken down all Star Wars content from their web site. Although their prior announcement said that products would be available until August, as of at least yesterday morning all web support, or even acknowledgment of the existence of Star Wars RPG and Miniatures is gone.

Correct. Happily, we all saw that coming and saved it. The links above, however, still contain all the content that WotC had to take down under their license. Grab that material above while you can.

Honestly, as popular as Star Wars is as a game, and with the wealth of materials made I could play for the rest of my life with no new materials, but it still is sad to see it go out of print.
Yes it is, but... Hey. I have my books -- and if you or anybody else don't have theirs? I suggest now in the perfect time to get them. Miniaturemarket has their entire Star Wars: Saga Edition line on sale now. You can grab a VAST number of Star Wars hardcovers for about 60% off.

Grab em while you can. I presume that WotC is busy dumping their inventory. I'm still playing SW:SE and will for years, so I see this as an opportunity to grab some great books for cheap.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Has anyone thought about taking all of that web content and converting it to a pdf that could be shared among the masses?

It's all in the archives. Just download it and view the original articles in your browser. It's more sharable among the masses than any .pdf is, right now.

The Dawn of Defiance pdfs are also in their own archive -- already in .pdf format, of course.

Last edited:

Remove ads