WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirzabah

First Post
Is anyone else getting the rollercoaster thing?

1) 'Course I'll be in the 10 - I the man.

2) No way will my setting get up. Wotta lame submission.

3) Go to step (1)

Irysangel

First Post
Ya!

Exact same thing, Mir!

"They'll really like it!"

"Gack, this isn't original! Why did I send this crap?"

Over and over and over and over again.....

Jon F. Zeigler

First Post
mirzabah said:

Not me. I'm firmly in the "I know this one is worth developing, but I also know the odds are against me" camp. So I'm just putting it out of my mind for a few more days. :rolleyes:

Jon F. Zeigler said:

Not me. I'm firmly in the "I know this one is worth developing, but I also know the odds are against me" camp. So I'm just putting it out of my mind for a few more days. :rolleyes:

Whereas I'm doing the up and down both at the same time. Intellectually, I'm in the same camp you are. Emotionally, however, I can't manage to quench that same spark of almost desperate hope that permits an otherwise rational human being to do things like, say, buy a lottery ticket.

Or try to make a career out of writing. ;)

Rollercoaster?

mirzabah said:

1) 'Course I'll be in the 10 - I the man.

2) No way will my setting get up. Wotta lame submission.

3) Go to step (1)

Well,

My new born son's been sick as a dog and last Friday I got sacked from my job so....I've only been wondering about my submission every spare minute of every day since I sent it off.

Rollercoaster?
Hoo boy.....here we go agaaaiiin!

shadoth

First Post
My submission, my inadequacy, et al

I'm sort of between emotions, right now. I'm certain that if my submissions are read, they'll swing into the top, I don't know, one hundred. Of this I am confident. But as for getting into the top ten. Eh, I'm not so sure. Not that I doubt my work, but I have to recognize that there's a lot of talent out there. Sure, I've got skills. But I'm not the only one. Whatever.

Shadoth!

edit-I left out a word! What ignomy!

Last edited:

nopantsyet

First Post
uh--i forgot..

Yeah, I spent hours working on it. And I scurried off to the post office at 3pm on the deadline to get it mailed off.

And promptely forgot about it.

As blasphemous as that may seem. I know I put together the best I could and now it's out of my hands. Besides, I've still got to finish the campaign that inspired this world so my group can actually play it!

But what I want to know is...

Who's going to buy the sourcebook when it comes out?

Here's the real genius of this idea I think. It's not so much in how they have contrived to get the idea for this new setting, but in how they have generated interest in it. This has been the hottest topic for weeks. Personally, I am very interested to see--when it finally comes out--the final result of this whole thing.

fba827

Adventurer
Re: uh--i forgot..

nopantsyet said:
And promptely forgot about it.
As blasphemous as that may seem. I know I put together the best I could and now it's out of my hands.

I'm in the same boat :D

nopantsyet said:
But what I want to know is...

Who's going to buy the sourcebook when it comes out?

Well

1) Depends on if they even make a source book out of it. After all, it seems that they are looking at this from several different marketting angles.. (books, etc) so, there is probably a possibility (however small it is) that they simply decide not to go the rpg campaign source book route

2) Depends on what the setting is about. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of planescape - not that it wasn't creative or inventive, just not my cup of tea. So my buying the source book really depends on what it is - flavor, style, etc...

Morgenstern

First Post
30 second attention span...

You're wondering about the final product? This setting won't be out for 10 months, minimum.

I don't expect the 'hype' to last until then :). I'll still be mildly interested at that point, but hardly champing at the bit- especially since I'll have my own entry to tide me over 'til then :p.

dema

First Post
Too Novel Like

Great to have read everyones comments and such.

I worked on my world for a few days, but the original ideas were created with the coming of 3e.

I might have gone a little astray and not followed the template. Anthoy said it's ok (kinda.) My proposal originally read like a point A and point B thing. Heros are . . . Villians are . . . etc.

That was dull. So I rewrote everything. The proposal read well, and got indepth (maybe to indepth.)

I'm in the boat where people think 700 words isn't enough.

I remember submitting a proposal to Dragon (and though the article interested them, but wasn't needed now) i was told I think by the editor at the time (Monte?) that i did send in too much for a proposal. This time dragon mag recieved a 3 sentence proposal (still working on the article here.)

Well, I don't know. Just sharing some disorganized thoughts.

July 4th will come, and life will continue either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads