WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombastus

Chosen of Ovaltine
Re: Morning all

Zulkir said:

p.s. I have a picture of one days worth of mail if someone can tell me how to put a picture in a message.

Hit "reply to topic" and then click on the "IMG" button. When I do that I get an Explorer User Prompt that requests an http file. I assume you insert the file location of your image into that space or you can just type

IMG your picture's file location /IMG

with brackets around the "IMG" and "/IMG" commands. I've never tried that before here, so this is my best guess. Good luck!

Maggie

mmadsen

First Post

I have a picture of one days worth of mail if someone can tell me how to put a picture in a message.

If you want to post a picture here, you can either put it up on a web site somewhere and post the URL here -- the IMG button will put the proper vB code tags around it so that we all see the image -- or you can upload the image file directly from your machine to the vB server by attaching a file to your post. At the bottom of the Post Reply page, just above the three big buttons (Submit Reply, Preview Reply, and Spellcheck), there's an Attach Files section with a Browse button. It'll open a dialog box so you can find the image file on your own machine.

River

First Post

Zulkir said:
Folks,
Legal has brought in a temp and we have hired an intern to try to help us keep up.

Man! If I had known the fine minds of the legal dept (well interns in the legal department!) were going to be grading the enteries I would have sumbitted the world of Juris.

"A World where heroes fight monsters with injunctions and court orders, and don't collect their 40% share of the treasure untill the villagers win!"

Is it too late for a last minute entery?

:cool:

River

isirga eth

First Post
say guys...

I see that the thread has taken a plunge for some obscure reason (I guess everyone at WotC's too busy counting submissions) but I have a question (and a perfect excuse to bump up the thread)...

Does any of you know where can I find the forum thread(s) on this topic at the wizards site? I've been browsing the site for a week now, and can't seem to find anything but the official announcement and rules - nothing at the message boards... anyone has the URL?

mmadsen

First Post
Re: Christina says there are about 10000

Here's what Christina Matthews had to say on that thread:
Well, this week we have received 28 bins of mail. To give everyone an idea of how much that is, three bins is about 900 submissions which totals 8000 submissions this week alone. So total right now we have about 10,000 submissions.
I'm glad I'm not sorting through 28 bins of mail. Wow.

trix

First Post
3 days now . . .

Well, 3 days remain.

Will they be ontime?

If they've got 10k entries, and a panel of 10, that should be enough to have it done in time.

Anyone finished their 10 pager?
Anyone finished their 100 pager?

What if their template for the 10 pager doesnt fit your 10 pager?

I hope the next-rounders will get to contest the format of the template giving them enough flexability to put across their world best.

One thing i found good with the prior template is that it forces you to evaluate yourself accordingly by ensuring a well formed structure. If we didnt have a template, imagine the number of varied submissions they'd get.

GL to all.

-Tim

First Post

Hey everyone,

I, like many others on this thread, am a first time poster. :) First, I wanted to thank everyone for all their help and suggestions on this board, from the pros to the amatuers like me.

Special thanks to AV and PA for taking time out of reading the flood of submissions to answer all our questions.

Super special thanks to Christina for sorting through the mountains of entries to get them to AV, PA and the rest of the committee.

That being said, I feel a little better about seeing the number of entries so low. While I'm sure it's more than AV and co. were expecting, it's about a third of what I was estimating. Maybe I do have a chance after all. :D Then again, maybe not. ;)

Three days and counting....

Alan

7/3/02 - MIIB and WotC results? *Swoon*

Dynod

First Post
Alot of talk about odds. What 1-1000 if they received 10,000. Ya if they are pulling the submissions out of a hat! They are actually going to read them so the odds are totally variable. Some people will have no chance of winning I'm sure, maybe myself included. Though it was fun to submit.

They likely will receive a couple hundred that are contenders. Then they will wittle it down to 10. As for winning and this being a contest, it isn't. Sheesh the $20,000 is a payment for time spent developing! Unless your unemployed you could appreciate the time away from work a 100 page submission might take! The $100,000 is payment for work produced, that's what happens when you're a professional they pay you for work done. Although likely not this handsomely unless you are someone famous.:D :p

But one thing is for sure, everyone will have to sit tight and wait to hear the bad news, except for those few who had it right and happen to get noticed at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads