• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would a Paladin/Druid work?

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I'm thinking Paladin 2, then all Druid levels.

When you reach level 4, you'll have a smiting bear.

And the Druid would give you so many smites.

Question 1: if I go to Paladin level 5 (or 6), does the extra attack translate to animal forms?

Question 2: what race is optimal? Variant human gives a feat (but which one to take?), half orc would give extra damage on crits, gnome grants saving throw bonuses, and hill dwarf gives an extra HP/level.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I really like this. You gonna use Shillelagh to attack with wis instead of STR, so you're only needing 2 high stats?

Well, we play point buy. So, you'll need 13 in STR, WIS, and CHA to make the multiclass happen. You're going to max out WIS anyway, but you want a good CON too.

INT/DEX can be dumped to 8.

mellored

Legend
You can do it.

Smites are par for course as far as spells go.
1d8+3+2d6 (14.5) (no damage on a miss).
vs
3d4+3 (10.5) magic missile.

It works ok.

Saurdaux

First Post
D&D Player's Handbook pg. 163 said:
To qualify for a new class, you must meet the ability score prerequisites for both your current class and your new one, as shown in the Multiclassing Prerequisites table.

You can find it in Chapter 6, tucked into the Multiclassing > Prerequisites section. Actually had the reference handy since I looked it up recently after someone in the True Assassin thread mentioned that requirement.

Remove ads