• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you allow this paladin in your game? (new fiction added 11/11/08)

Would you allow this paladin character in your game?

sfedi

First Post
I voted no.
But only because of two things:
-he's not an example of high ideals
-he has an attitude that doesn't give hope to other people

The last point is redeemable if his deeds outdo by far his words.

Berandor

lunatic
Just in case nobody has answered it yet:
Darkness said:
Reminds me... Are there drinking rules in D&D? If they're based on Fortitude saves, drinking a paladin under the table would be almost impossible, what with his good Fortitude save, likely high Con and divine grace Cha bonus to saves.
EN Publishing has the great "Tournaments, Fairs & Taverns" that contain drinking rules and tie them to Constitution. So, Paladins can get drunk normally :)

Berandor said:
See? A Paladin of Sune, the Goddess of beauty, love and passion? Seems to be possible, after all.

Whose paladins espouse the ideals of [chaste] courtly love?

Who serve as stalwart defenders of beautiful places and artifacts?

Yeah, I'm not sure they get much play. :)

shilsen

Adventurer
Mallus said:
This thread's been resurrected??

I guess its true; it's hard to keep a good man down... :)
After all, how can you dislike a paladin who enchants his teeth in preparation for meeting a succubus? Of course, I might be a teensy-weensy bit biased ;)

iwatt

First Post
I voted yes. I have no problem with his drinking and wenching. as long as the code doesn't say:

"You shal not drink and you shall not wench."

The only caveat I have is that Cedric seems way to fatallistic to inspire others. his " doesn't matter what I do" spiel is downright unheroic ;D .

Remove ads