• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you allow this paladin in your game? (new fiction added 11/11/08)

Would you allow this paladin character in your game?

shilsen

Adventurer
evilbob said:
But I heard from a reliable source that playing 2nd Ed. gives you a 19 Int and a 20 Wis! I need those kind of stat boosts! ;)
They lied. I had a 19 Int and 20 Wis even before I played 2e ;)

AviLazar said:
Or using poison against an evil creature is ok. Remember things are based on perspective. Hitting an innocent baby with a sword = bad. Hitting a pitfiend with a sword = good. Hitting an innocent baby with poison = bad. Hitting a pitfiend with poison = ??? I say good.

Ah, but what if it's an innocent baby pit fiend? Inquiring minds want to know. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that your PCs will run into a clutch of innocent baby daelkyr in the next couple of sessions. Really.

Furby076

First Post
shilsen said:
Ah, but what if it's an innocent baby pit fiend? Inquiring minds want to know. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that your PCs will run into a clutch of innocent baby daelkyr in the next couple of sessions. Really.

If you know someone is going to grow up to be the next Hitler would you kill him while he was an innocent baby? My paladin would.

Pregnant Daelkyr mother does get her butt thrown down the stairs - repeatedly :D

evilbob

Explorer
AviLazar said:
If you know someone is going to grow up to be the next Hitler would you kill him while he was an innocent baby?
Talk about a potential derailing! :) Not touching that one with a 10' pole...

shilsen

Adventurer
AviLazar said:
If you know someone is going to grow up to be the next Hitler would you kill him while he was an innocent baby? My paladin would.

Clearly he is not going to grow up to be the next Hitler if you're able to kill him. And yeah, in our game, that would likely drop Gareth right on his shapely but non-paladin ass :)

Pregnant Daelkyr mother does get her butt thrown down the stairs - repeatedly :D

I'm so going to have to put a pregnant Daelkyr in our game now. I wonder if Luna counts?

But 10' poles = total safety from any traps :D

Note to self: Clearly I have been spoiling you.

calighis

First Post
Seems like a lot of people seem to think that Sir Cedric has a defeatist attitude but it's clear to me that he values the cause of his order far more than his own life. This is not the cynicism he is being framed for, it humble acceptance.
I like the idea of a Shrewd Paladin. You can't go off giving every hungry man a fish. Sometimes his refusal to help others is for the greater good. After all, what is a Dudley do Right in shining armor other than an over powered enabler.

Dlsharrock

First Post
Sheez, what a long thread. Sorry, didn't even get past page 1.

Anyway, Cedric seems to be doing for the paladin cliche what Dexter is doing for the modern psycopath, though I must admit I like Dexter better, he's less grumpy and cleaner :)

AviLazar said:

Ha. You should have that as your siggy.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I sense threadcromancy at work again. And a good chance to poke Shil into writing more. You promised an update. Where is it? ;)

Remove ads