Would you buy a 3e Greyhawk Camapaign Setting Book?

Welverin

First Post
Re: Enough Useless GH Stuff Already

mattcolville said:
I play in a long running (long running) greyhawk game. I just created a character from The Great Kingdom and went to buy the big Living Greyhawk book. Opened it up and. . .no table of contents. WTF? Whose bright idea was that? So it's totally useless to me. Having indexed books before, I can understand the impulse not to index a book. . .but not put in a TOC??

As someone else mentioned it's there, under the credits and a whopping eight entries long.

I'm not a Greyhawk Fanatic. I like the setting, but I like lots of D&D settings. Why Hasbro isn't mining the depths of that creativity for action figures, cartoons, and movies, I'll never know.

It makes sense and if it makes sense it can't be done, it's a law of nature!

njorgard

First Post
To all WoTC related people out there...

Unfortunatly Erik Mona has said that no such book with be coming out... <sob>

Allright!!!!! :mad:

Who else do we have in this forum that can rally some people over there at WotC!?!?!? I mean, from looking at this thread it seems that the vast majority of you would be willing to purchase such a product. The way I see it, we represent the D&D fan base out there and if WotC is not willing to cater to its target market in this particular issue....well...it just doesn't make any $$$$ sense!!!

I have looked at other threads where Erik has stated that WotC does not think that the market out there can support a line of GH products. But looking at the responses on this thread tell me a totally different story...

dicecapades

First Post
Re: To all WoTC related people out there...

njorgard said:

Allright!!!!! :mad:

Who else do we have in this forum that can rally some people over there at WotC!?!?!? I mean, from looking at this thread it seems that the vast majority of you would be willing to purchase such a product. The way I see it, we represent the D&D fan base out there and if WotC is not willing to cater to its target market in this particular issue....well...it just doesn't make any $$$$ sense!!!

As has been said countless times on these boards, and a couple right here in this thread, there is a GH sourcebook for 3e!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE PEOPLE, listen to the facts, there is a GH sourcebook for 3e!!!!!!!!!

You want more support for GH from WotC? It is simple to accomplish, go buy the LGG. Go buy the D&D Gaz. Buy Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. Join the RPGA and play in your local Living Greyhawk events. Join the Greyhawk-L mailing list (WotC's mailing list signup page ) and voice your support. Buy Dragon magazine, and send them emails and letters telling them that the Living GH Journal section is the reason you are buying. These silly crusade threads here accomplish nothing. Take some real action, and quit begging for a book that is available from retailers everywhere.

Rhialto

First Post
Casts Rhialto's Righteous Reality Check.

That a proportionately large number of people on this board want a GCS in no way carries over to a large enough number of people want a GCS enough to make it profitable to publish. Just thought I'd mention that.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Yes, please keep this in mind: you have a fraction of individuals of one posting board (we have over 1000 people registered, and certainly not even 10% have replied positively here) saying, "yes, we want it."

That does not a majority (or reflection of a majority), make. It only says that these individuals would buy such a book, not that making such a book would be profitable for WotC. And it has to be profitable. You can't keep a company going by producing books, investing time and energy into writing and development, that don't sell.

Besides, what is wrong with the big massive tome they have already released, almost immediately after 3E came out? :) It's huge! And as for crunchy bits - they are in every basic game book that has come out since. Prestige classes galore each class book tailored to Greyhawk. A compilation would be nice, sure, but likely not forthcoming.

That said, do make sure to buy what Greyhawk material they *DO* produce, let them know what you like (and what you don't) and do your best to convert other D&D players into Greyhawk lovers. Bringing in new converts makes creating new material more palatable.

What I don't get is: what is the difference between the fat gazateer guide and the FRCS, besides the prestige classes (which are available in other sources)? Isn't the geographical, political and cultural stuff really what you are after anyways? What is it in the FRCS that is lacking in the Greyhawk book that is making you folks desire a new one so badly? :D

njorgard

First Post
Casts Rhialto's Righteous Reality Check.

That a proportionately large number of people on this board want a GCS in no way carries over to a large enough number of people want a GCS enough to make it profitable to publish. Just thought I'd mention that.
I beg to differ....I think the population here at EN World is representative of the customer base out there...

Remove ads