• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Would you like a 5e video game akin to Neverwinter Nights & Neverwinter Nights 2?

Would you like a video game?

• Yes, I would like a 5e video game similar to Neverwinter Nights style.

Votes: 93 73.8%
  • Yes, I would like a 5e video game, but with a different style.

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • No, I do not want a 5e video game.

Votes: 7 5.6%

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Skyrim's main quest isn't very compelling. The Witcher 3 on the other hand has an open world, and very engaging quests.
It’s better in that there is a story, I guess. I just prefer games that have a definite, distinct story, and that get to the bloody point.

You mean after you defeat all your enemies another wave magically appears, every time, for every combat?

I actually can't remember how combat went in DA2 except for that.
Hah! It wasn’t that bad. But the actual combat mechanics were pretty much perfect imo.

Slit518

Adventurer
Th lubberkin quest was when I realized I was playing a game unlike anything else I had ever played before. Really jerks at the heartstrings.

Oh yeah! They took what should of been such a mundane thing and made it really engaging. Just how cinematic it all was. I was awed by it (for a side quest).

I voted YES!, but that's because I would be happy with any kind of D&D 5E video game. But while I'd definitely buy and play a NWN style game if it was released today, it's not my preferred format. What I'd really like to see is a game like Divinity: Original Sin but using 5E rules. Those games have sold millions of copies so there's definitely a market out there for high quality turn-based computer RPGs. Get on it WotC!

Yama Dai O

First Post
To be honest, I'd rather have them forego a construction set and 'but we must' multiplayer feature, and instead get a 5e game entirely focused on a single player campaign, something varied and a little sandboxy. But I also very much doubt this will happen before we have another two decades or so of failed MMOs and micro-extortions.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
To be honest, I'd rather have them forego a construction set and 'but we must' multiplayer feature, and instead get a 5e game entirely focused on a single player campaign, something varied and a little sandboxy. But I also very much doubt this will happen before we have another two decades or so of failed MMOs and micro-extortions.

NWN wasn't an MMO and didn't have micro-extortions. Nevewinter Online on the other hand...

I voted YES!, but that's because I would be happy with any kind of D&D 5E video game. But while I'd definitely buy and play a NWN style game if it was released today, it's not my preferred format. What I'd really like to see is a game like Divinity: Original Sin but using 5E rules. Those games have sold millions of copies so there's definitely a market out there for high quality turn-based computer RPGs. Get on it WotC!

This. The pause/set action/have everyone move before action takes place style of NWN and NWN2 was fine for the time, but if you actually made turn-based 5E in a video game, hoo-boy!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads