Would you like to see commemorative editions of the core rules of all older editions?

Would you like to see commemorative editions of the core rules of all older editions?

Glyfair

Explorer
YThey're still viable.
And available. Even I wanted, I would have very little trouble getting any original copies of the core rules of any edition for a reasonable price except for OD&D.

An inexpensive commemorative edition of the OD&D book would be nice (as long as it included the needed Chainmail edition). However, I can still buy the PDF and print them out if I wanted it.

Clavis

First Post
Yes! I would love to see all of the old material available in hard copy again. Perhaps it could be done on a print-to-order basis.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I'd love to see one for OD&D and one for 1E - a single book each that combines all the rules for play.

It would be fun!

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
No. For one thing, I've never much cared about such things, so why would I want second copies of stuff I already have?

Secondly, any money made from it would go towards working on 4E, a system I don't like. Why would I want to support it with my own money when I've spent the past half year "speaking with my wallet" as everyone says 4E-haters should be doing. It doesn't matter how well the older editions would sell, wotc isn't going to give up on 4E this early.

Maybe give it 5 years, let 4E sales start to stagnate, and THEN do this. Maybe then if they see large numbers of purchases, it'll influence the direction of 5E.

darjr

I crit!
Huh, drivethru doesn't have the Moldvay basic set. I wonder why?

Anyway, I hope there is a chance for at least Chainmail/OD&D, maybe a commerative box set with all the supplements? I can dream.

Last edited:

Why couldn't they print on demand using Lulu service or something like that?

I'm not that familliar with Lulu service. Could this be done while preserving the look and feel of the originals? Just having the original text of a 1E PHB in a bound softcover would not be the same.

xechnao

First Post
I'm not that familliar with Lulu service. Could this be done while preserving the look and feel of the originals? Just having the original text of a 1E PHB in a bound softcover would not be the same.

I think lulu makes hardcovers. Anyway there should certainly exist some pod service that can do justice.

Remove ads