• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would your group stop a woman from joining?

Would your group stop a woman from joining?

Ottergame

First Post
I've seen quite a large number of "girl gamer" posts (I guess this is the new fad, not my previous idea of "poorly translated foreign games" after all, darn), and that got me to wondering. My Ironclaw group would refuse to let a woman join our group, and I aggree with it for a very good reason. We were 5 gay men in a pretty...frisky game. A woman joining would have thrown that all out of whack.

I was wondering if anyone else out there played in a group that would have an issue with a woman joining.

Ottergame

First Post
Mystery Man said:
Why? Six girls instead of five doesn't sound like such a big deal to me.

Meh, despite what people might think, gay men and women are very different. Specially the 5 of us. :p And we don't have an eye out for your bad taste in fashion, either!

Nifelhein

First Post
I wouldn't, sex or sexual identity is not an issue that concerns me at the game table, there it all comes to how you roleplay and whether you show up on time and try not to loose sessions for futile reasons.

loki44

Explorer
Ottergame said:
We were 5 gay men in a pretty...frisky game. A woman joining would have thrown that all out of whack. I was wondering if anyone else out there played in a group that would have an issue with a woman joining.

Not sure what you mean by "frisky". How would you feel if you were banned from a game for being gay?

Mystery Man

First Post
Ottergame said:
Meh, despite what people might think, gay men and women are very different. Specially the 5 of us. :p And we don't have an eye out for your bad taste in fashion, either!

A gay guy who can take a joke! :p:D

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Ottergame said:
We were 5 gay men in a pretty...frisky game. A woman joining would have thrown that all out of whack.

I think 5 straight guys might have the same general issue, though the specific reasons would be a tad different. My old Shadowrun group was guy-only. Some of the dudes had wives who gamed, but they wanted a "boy's night". Personally, I didn't think much of that, but I was single at the time.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Ottergame said:
We were 5 gay men in a pretty...frisky game. A woman joining would have thrown that all out of whack.

Sounds like you're more focused on something else and not the actual game. ;)

Remove ads