WoW or DDO or...?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I went with WoW for the moment because there was an offer for a free copy + 1 month play, that was about to expire, but I'll keep the other suggestions in mind for after this months, thanks all!

How was this done?

My views are up to Cataclysm, the expansion just before the current one, Mists of Panderia.

*) Questing was redone in a very linear style, and not nearly as scattered as before.
*) Instances and raids shrunk and with very simplified layouts. For example, Kara or Black Rock Depths vs. Ice Crown Citadel. Some old instances were chopped up into smaller ones. New instances are more like set backgrounds than fully realized places.
*) Northrend and Cataclysm (new zones) were smaller than Burning Crusade.
*) Flight everywhere (while very convenient) keeps you out of the active layer of the game, and destroys world PVP.
*) Looking-for-group (also very convenient) means that one can play mostly from within one's capital city.
*) A single capital was made the main hub and took prominence over the several race capitals for each side.

Thx!

TomB

sabrinathecat

Explorer
DDO is a mistake.
No good word for it.
Not only does every character go on the same missions, no matter what, but you are supposed to go on the same missions 4 times! Got old very quickly.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Baldur's Gate has been updated and re-released on Steam.

But if you really want to find old cRPGs, head on over to GOG.com for some really cheap entertainment. :)

DnD_Dad

First Post
Right now I can't recommend any MMO because none will keep my attention long enough. I miss the giant open world days of Asheron's Call and SWG. Give me a giant sandbox to play in with all my friends. I don't want to be pulled around by my... Just play Terraria.

You can get the D&D Classic Anthology collection, updated for WIN Vista/XP/7 OS for about 20 bucks -- includes Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 with expansions, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 with expansions, Planescape: Torment, and Temple of Elemental Evil (with patches).

Last edited:

Remove ads