• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wow, SpellGen is Great

EPRock

Slaughter McSlaughter
http://d20spellbook.home.comcast.net/

I was quite tired of manually updating and working on a way to convert the sheet so it could print in either landscape or portrait mode, and was starting to write an application which would allow easier modification to the data and allow others to add their own.

The program listed above works almost exactly as I envisioned it, and uses XML for easy portability.

It took a little work, but found that you can add Spells, And House rules quite easily.

I think that i am just gonna stop updating my spell sheet and update some of the data tables.

Wonko the Sane

First Post
I've been using SpellGen for awhile, and I have to say that 9 MB @ 56k over a week is well worth it.

There's a few errors in the data files, but they are fairly easy to fix (if I can, anyone can).

EPRock

Slaughter McSlaughter
There may be a few issues with the spells in spellgen, but there are a few groups out there which have been working on adding additional datasets, and datasets are easy to install. If you can right click on a link and go save as you can save a dataset.

Look on the site as it has a link to the Message Boards.

Wonko the Sane

First Post
A word of warning though: some of the spell effects in the output have errors, fortunately they are relatively easy to fix in the editor that comes with it.

Erywin

First Post
Has anybody found anything like this for feats? I am kinda getting tired of looking at 10+ books for feats to make up NPCs and characters. Thanks in advance.

-E

RObiN-HoOD

Explorer
Whatever the case, it is indeed one of the best programs out there. If we could have it updated every now and then it would be excellent!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads