• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Wraithblade" ?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It allows you to always apply your sneak attack damage on a critical hit, even if you
have already done so that round.

Tellerve

But you can't use sneak attack on the critical and then because of the property double up on sneak attack for that critical can you? It says in "this round" so I'm a tad fuzzy. If it was the one and only attack you made in the round and thus used your sneak attack on it and happened to also get a critical that would be nice, just not sure if that was the intention.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Exact phrasing, from the Compendium:

Property: On a critical hit, if you have the sneak attack class feature (whether granted by class or multiclass feat), you may apply your bonus sneak attack damage even if you have already done so this round or this encounter. Gaining sneak attack damage in this way does not count toward its use restriction.

I dunno. It's lousy phrasing. I don't think I'd allow it; the point seems to be add sneak attack to crits even when you don't have combat advantage on your foe, not to double up the sneak attack.

the point seems to be add sneak attack to crits even when you don't have combat advantage on your foe, not to double up the sneak attack.

This, exactly. And yep, if I had to rewrite it today, knowing much more about 4E than I did, I'd definitely phrase it differently than I did. :eek:

Regicide

Banned
Banned
This, exactly. And yep, if I had to rewrite it today, knowing much more about 4E than I did, I'd definitely phrase it differently than I did. :eek:

Wow thats... totally not how I read it. It doesn't read at all like it lets you sneak attack without CA, it just reads like it lets you apply it more than once per round.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Clarification: I'd allow the weapon, but I wouldn't allow a rogue to double his sneak attack on the same hit. Thanks for the clarification, Ari!

With the number of crits an avenger can get, I think I'd multiclass my avenger to rogue and get a wraithblade weapon. Too much fun.

hong

WotC's bitch
Clarification: I'd allow the weapon, but I wouldn't allow a rogue to double his sneak attack on the same hit. Thanks for the clarification, Ari!

With the number of crits an avenger can get, I think I'd multiclass my avenger to rogue and get a wraithblade weapon. Too much fun.
Light blades only, PC. No wraithblade mordenkrads for you. :p

Remove ads