Wrath of the Righteous

81Dagon

Explorer
Medjai detects no evil presences within the range of his sight.

Jorgun’s words seem to relax the elf, at least as much is possible in such a dire situation.
“My apologies for my reaction. All I remember is being near the Storm King and Terendelev as they crashed. I saw the flames come towards me, then there was darkness and nothing. What happened to Terendelev, did she escape the battle?”
“I am Aravashnial, of the Riftwardens. What are your names? Can you each say your own so that I can at least set a voice to a name, if not a face?”
“I may not be able to see, but I do have some magic left that may help you. The first three degrees of summon spells are prepared in my mind, as well as sleep, true strike, resist energy, levitate, acid arrow, heroism and magic circle against evil. I can also summon acid darts and flares as need be, if we can find my components pouch.”
“Have you sent scout’s out yet? It would certainly be best to have some muscle between us and whatever... or whoever may be out there.

Calloh’s attempts to reassure Aravahnial fall flat, as such words can in such a horrid situation, but they do not seem to worsen his attitude either.

Jorgun’s splint is less effective than his previous speech. The woman winces in pain and the splint refuses to stay stable. “I don’t suppose there’s any other way of geting that done, is there?” she asks.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
"You may borrow my pouch if we cannot find yours, master Aravashnial. My name is Luna Lightbringer, clergy member of Iomedae. We have not sent any scouts yet, as we were concerned with everyone's injuries. "

Moving over towards the wounded woman, Luna says "Let me see if I can help."

She looks over at the short man who called everyone an idiot and asked "Are you allright as well?"

[sblock=OOC]
Luna's prepared spell list does not need spell components right now, so she will hand it over. But tending the wounded comes first.

Heal Check 1d20+2=19
[/sblock]

[sblock=Luna Stats]
Luna Lightbringer
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +3* CMD: 14 * +2 vs Demons
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +4 (+2 vs Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +4 (Darkvision 60')
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear; +3 1d8+4
Current Conditions in Effect: 2 AoO a round(Can make flat foot)
Acid/Cold/Electricity Resistance: 5

Touch of Glory(5/5): Gain +1 on next Cha based check. Last 1 hour or until used.
Seize the Inaitive (5/5): At combat start, Ally within 30 rolls twice;
Daylight(Racial 1/day): Cast Daylight as SP ability

Level 0 Spells: Create Water, Mending, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells: Bless, Prot from Evil, Magic Weapon (D)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Aye, no scouts as of yet - we're all just now regaining our senses. There is no evil within my line of sight, however."

Medjai moves over to where he saw the hand-like glint, keeping his hammer close to hand as he investigates. His tone is somewhat distracted as he responds to the blind elf, "I am Medjai Issa, a newly anointed Paladin of Sarenrae."

He ignores the short, rude man . . . for now.

[sblock=MiniStats]
[SIZE=+1]Medjai Issa[/SIZE]
Male Lawful Good Qlippoth Tiefling (Motherless)
Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 11/11, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus 1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)
Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

Space_Titanium

First Post
As Jorgun prepares to channel one of his lord's divine gifts he turns to respond to Aravashnial. "I am called Jorgun, member of the church of Erastil. I fear that Terendelev used his last moment to save our lives. We will see to scouts once we have taken care of the wounded."

Jorgun looks around the cavern, taking note of the people moving around. "Presumably you in the red dress and you Medjai can protect yourselves. Can you establish a perimeter while we take care of the others?"

[sblock=ooc]Ready an action to Cure Light Wounds if Luna's Heal check is insufficient.[/sblock]

[sblock=Edit]Now I know your name Mowgli so I used it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Elewan

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to assume that given her history and race, Hannah knows Aravashnial. He may even be her magic teacher?[/sblock]

Hannah
Hannah tosses her coin towards the spider to better illuminate whatever it is making the squelching noise. Master Aravashnial, It's me, Hananyelthia. There's a giant dead spider here, but I think something is moving around inside of it! Are you badly hurt?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Tiefling smiles slightly at Jorgun's visual identification of him. "I can, Jorgun. Give me a moment to look at this first . . . I think there's something - or someone - underneath the rubble here. Whatever it is, it was able to move a moment ago."

He looks over at the Elven woman. "Careful, Hananyelthia . . . "

[sblock=MiniStats]
[SIZE=+1]Medjai Issa[/SIZE]
Male Lawful Good Qlippoth Tiefling (Motherless)
Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 11/11, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus 1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)
Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Calloh, Half-Elf Bard

After Calloh's ill-advised attempt at diplomacy, he decides to just keep his peace for the moment, and help where he can with any required tasks.

[sblock=Calloh's sheet]
View attachment 58769

Calloh [pronounced “callow”]
Alignment: N/G
Half-Elf -- Favored Classes - Bard, Fighter
Bard 1
0+40+40=80 XP [post 38]

[sblock=Ability Point Buy, 20 pts]
S11 (1pts)
D14 (5pts)
C12 (2pts)
I14 (5 pts)
W12 (2 pts)
C16 (5 pts=14) (+2 racial)
[/sblock]

Final Ability Scores at L1:
S11 +0
D14 +2
C12 +1
I14 +2
W12 +1
C16 +3

BAB: 0

AC: 17 [10+3+2+2]
HP: 10 [8+1+1]

SAVES:
Fort +1
Ref: +4
Will: +3
+2 to save vs. Enchantment/Fear effects
Immune to magic sleep effects

SKILLS 6+2=8 pts @ 1st Level
Bluff 1 rank +3 Cha = +4
Concentration 0 rank +1 Wis +2 Feat Bonus = +3
Diplomacy 1 rank +3 Cha = +4
Disable Device 0 rank +2 Dex = +2
Knowledge (Planes) 1 rank +2 Int +1 bardic knowledge = +4
Knowledge (all others untrained) 0 ranks +2 Int +1 bardic Knowledge = +3
Perception 0 rank +1 Wis +2 Racial = +3
Perform (Stringed Instruments - Lute) 1 rank +3 Cha +3 Feat Bonus = +7
Profession 1 rank +1 Wis = +2
Sleight of Hand 1 rank +2 Dex = +3
Stealth 1 rank +2 Dex = +3
Use Magic Device 1 rank +3 Cha = +4

Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan

FEATS 1+1 racial (skill focus)
Weapon Finesse
Skill Focus (Perform)

BARDIC PERFORMANCE, 7 rounds/day
Countersong [allies use my Perform check in place of saving throw]
Distraction [counters magic effects that are sight-dependent, check replaces saving throw if higher]
Fascinate [1 creature, Will DC 13 or -4 to skill checks made as reactions]
Inspire Courage [+1 on saves vs. fear/charm, and +1 att/dam rolls]

SPELLS [Per day: L0 - at-will, L1 - 1]
Daze - 0
Detect Magic - 0
Summon Instrument - 0
Read Magic – 0
Cure Light Wounds - 1
Hypnotism - 1

PP
GP 0
SP 4
CP

EQUIPMENT [105 gp starting funds]
Studded Leather Armor [25 gp, +3 AC]
Heavy Wooden Shield [7 gp, +2 AC]
Rapier [20 gp, 1d8 damage] [+2 att, +0 dam]
Daggers 2 [@ 2 gp, 1d4 damage] [+2 att (melee-feat or thrown-dex), +0 dam]
Short Bow [30 gp, 1d6 damage] [+2 att, +0 dam]
Lute, Exceptional Quality [14 gp] [3 gp is ordinary cost]
Waterskin [1 gp]
Trail Rations 3 days [@ 5 sp per day]
Backpack [2 gp]
Bedroll [1 sp]
Traveler's Outfit [1 gp]

Traits: 1. Riftwarden [Campaign Trait] 2. Courageous 3. Anatomist

History: Calloh was born to two adventurers, his mother was an elf champion and his father a human wizard. They were both Riftwardens who adventured into the Worldwound on a secret mission soon after Calloh was born. They left their newborn son with trusted allies, perhaps knowing that their odds of returning were slim. In any case, they met their doom in the Worldwound. Not long after their departure, the foster parents that they had chosen for their son noticed that a mark had appeared on the inside of Calloh's right leg – The Sign of the Seeker's Spiral. [Riftwarden Orphan Trait bonus of +2 on Concentration checks.] The mysterious circumstances of his parents' deaths sparked an insatiable curiosity in Calloh. When he grew up, he was so intent on making new discoveries and learning new things that he almost seemed fearless when it came to new places, experiences, people, and creatures. [Couageous Trait bonus of +2 on Saves vs. Fear Effects.] Now that Calloh has fully come of age, he seeks to learn the destiny of his parents, hoping against hope that he may somehow find them alive and be able to bring them home safely. For his last trait, Calloh chooses Anatomist, which gives him +1 on rolls to confirm critical hits.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
Luna has much more luck creating a splint using pieces of wood that fell with you and some rope. She is able to stabilize the woman’s leg to the point where she can walk at a hobbled pace with a crutch. “Thank you,” she says, “I am Anevia Tirabade. I think I’ll be able to stand this time if you pass me that large broken timber over there."

The short man groans as Aravashnial introduces himself. “I’m surprised you don’t recognize my voice, Warden, since you almost ruined my reputation in this city after the crusades has prospered from my money! I am Horgus Gwerm, the noble and intellectual. You best not forget how you slandered my name.”

“Wounded pride, wounded dignity, I think we might die even if we some how reach the surface and I hurt all over... but I’m certainly better off than these two.”

Aravashnial looks as sheepish as he can at Horgus’ words, but is immediately distracted by Jorgun’s. “What! How is that possible? Aravashnial was our greatest defender, she almost slew the balor Storm King at the start of the Forth Crusade!”

As Medjai wanders back, he stumbles, almost literally, across a large bag that is apparently Aravashnial’s components “pouch,” but that was not caught his eye. Not far away, he finds what is unquestionable a silver scale the size of his hand. As he picks it up, he feels an involuntary rush of sadness tinged with determination. The former owner of this scale is easily clear, this once belonged to Terendelev, infused with some over her emotion and magical power. Medjai instinctively knows the following:

[sblock=Scale Powers]
3/day - This scale may be used to cast align weapon, but only to make a weapon lawful or good. Unlike a normal align weapon spell, this can be used on unarmed strikes or natural weapons. Using this power is a move action.
[/sblock]

Amist the rubble, Medjai sees that there are four more scales that have fallen into the cave with you.

The coin flies straight at the spider’s corpse, bounces off one of the moving bits and clatters loudly to the floor. As the illuminated coin moves, the three humans are plunged back into pitch black. The impact and sound appear to have distrubed whatever was inside, as two giant maggots disgorge themselves from the insides of the spider!

[sblock=occ]
You each gain 40 EXP for making Anevia friendly and 40 EXP for making Aracashnial friendly.

I rolled Perception for Medjai just to keep things moving since I’m traveling today and updates will be few. Hope that’s okay.
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Screen Shot 2013-08-17 at 1.25.20 PM.png[/sblock]

Elewan

First Post
Hannah:
Maggots! Gross! Hannah steels herself. Well, one has to start somewhere, she thinks and lets fly her first combat spell. Hannah carefully enunciates the words of the spell just as she practiced and a wave of flames flashes towards the maggots.
[sblock=spell]Burning Hands: 1d4+1 → [3,1] = (4) points of damage, DC 17 reflex[/sblock]

Last edited:

Space_Titanium

First Post
Jorgun responds to Aravashnial, "I imagine the dragon was caught off guard by the sudden attack, or some sort of extra power has fallen to the demons, especially if the wardstone was able to be destroyed." He moves to grab the timber, and once it lies in Anevia's hands reaches for his bow to protect the group from this new threat.

[sblock=ooc]What about the torch I put down earlier - is it still casting light?[/sblock]

Remove ads