Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Zweihänder

First Post
"I agree with Hulgyr. If we go to where the boat was last seen, we might be able to shed some more light on this investigation."

Following this statement, Eroin clams up, embarrassed at saying so much at one time.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I understand that you´ll travel by land, but I want to be sure. Also, do you make any special preparations before the journey? There are enough inns and villages in the way, so food isn´t a problem. I also need Wilhem´s commonly prepared spells.

I include a map with the location of Orussus, Gotian and Seawell. Expected time travels and costs (passage, inns, food, etc) would be:

Gotian: Walking: 15 days, at least 45 silver coins each. By sea: 10 days, 5 gold coins each.

Seawell: Walking: 10 days, at leat 3 gold coins each. By sea: 5 days, 25 silver coins each.

Attachments

• Orussus map detail.jpg
    Orussus map detail.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 223

Zweihänder

First Post
Someone said:
I include a map with the location of Orussus, Gotian and Seawell. Expected time travels and costs (passage, inns, food, etc) would be:

Gotian: Walking: 15 days, at least 45 silver coins each. By sea: 10 days, 5 gold coins each.

Seawell: Walking: 10 days, at leat 3 gold coins each. By sea: 5 days, 25 silver coins each.

ooc: why does it cost more to get to Seawell?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Will's usual spell selection (copied from my sig)
Orisons- Detect Magic, Light, Mending
1st Level- Bless, Shield of Faith, Enlarge Person (D)

Wilhelm frowns as he considers the costs for voyage. Hulgyr's suggestion is sound but the trip to Gotian is costly. I shall have to make camp in certain places instead of going to the Inn. I have six days worth of trail rations so, it shall not be too bad

As he says this, Will adjusts the sheathed silver dagger at his belt, the cause for his lack of funds.

The Orc may appear savage and uncomely, but he certainly shows cunning.

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr frowns as he thinks the proposal over "We eat at inn and sleep in tent. Eating at inn costs less gold" Hulgyr smiles as he prides himself of his feat of common sense. "Sleeping near town is also safer"

Zweihänder

First Post
Eroin nods her head in agreement. "I say we walk as well. I only have four days worth of rations, but I can hunt for food if necessary."

ooc: gotta love a monk with ranks in survival... ^_^

"We might as well get going. We have a long road ahead of us."

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Ok, so you walk first to Seawell. It takes 10 days, as expected, or a little less if you´re willing to force the march and walk 10 hours a day instead of 8. Use the costs in the PHB; eating costs from 1 to 5 silver a day (or you can use your rations) and inss cost up to 2 gold coins.

IC: It´s a long walk, but unevenful and even comfortable. Fall just started, and weather´s cooled enough to finish summer´s heat, but it´s not so advanced that rains started, though they won´t be missed for long. Many people use the west road from Orussus, specially now that the harvest has finished, and you never lack company, once Hulgyr manages to get past the prejudices.

The group finally arrived at one crossroads. The man that walked with them, a short scholar in his way to Gotian, warned them that the town of Seawell lies just north of there.

So the next two days they continue their way north, following the coast. At your right there´s a never ending beach that at some points have devoured the road, and at your left the land becomes pogressively flatter, and only groups of trees and sand dunes break the horizontal monotony.

Finally, Seawell. There´s little to describe: you only see a large and well built wooden palisade that would be better described as wall. It hides the buildings inside, but you judge that the entire village can´t hold than two or three hundred people.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: For the first five days, Wilhelm eats his rations (he has six). For the rest, he dines at an inn (spending 1 sp per night). For all ten nights, he sleeps outdoors.

edit: modified character sheet according to the changes above

Wilhelm smiled at the sight of Seawell. Though he is trained to be a hardened soldier, he misses the Red Dragon's feather beds. The road to this coastal town was a rough one and made for terrible bedding.

After taking in the sights, Wilhelm starts to move toward Sewell, anxious to get this mission started.

Last edited:

Remove ads