• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr nods at the guard in agreement: "You will get no trouble from Hulgyr. We are looking for a ship that had to arrive in this place..

In his travels Hulgyr experienced the way most humans react on an orc, especially one with a threatening (and ugly?) appearence such as his. He also learnt that laying low is the best course to follow in most of those cases. He silently grunts at the guards: "you better think twice about touching your weapon as well, it will be the last thing you'll do." (ooc: silent as in thoughts)

ooc: the map looks great!, you do have to tell me how you make them, i'd like to use a simular thing in my pbem. I, personally, would prefer a grid on it though.

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm nods at Hulgyr's words. His worries about orcish tempers are banished. He maintains his smile, though there he flinches ever so slightly at the guard's attitude.

Aye, we mean to bring no war or troubles upon your home. These weapons are for protecting ourselves and others, not for harming peaceful folk.

Someone

Adventurer
B4cchus said:
ooc: the map looks great!, you do have to tell me how you make them, i'd like to use a simular thing in my pbem. I, personally, would prefer a grid on it though.

ooc: Believe me: you don´t want to make your maps in flash, it takes hours -though when you have ready the sprites and scripts is only a matter of placing them, though ven them it takes much longer than using, say, photoshop. It´s only worth the pain when you already like to animate and want to learn more about it.

IC:

"A ship?" asks the sergeant. "We were wondering when somebody would do something about that. You may want to speak with the major, then, he lives over there"

Timothy

First Post
Great, thank you very much. And it sure is comforting to know that the people of Seawell are well protected by such vigilant gaurds.

Roddick says, while wlaking into town.

OOC: Hmm, even I don't know if i'm being sarcastic or not... :p

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr makes a small grunt as he nods at the guards, then he follows the rest into the town: "I say lets go see this mayor man."

ooc: what's the time of day?

Someone

Adventurer
The sun shines over you, and you are starting to get hungry, but fortunately the major is easy to find even when he´s not at home but at the port. The port is really just a beach where small fishing boats of many colors bleach under the sun, open to a small bay –currently empty of ships- protected by a natural breakwater. Some guards patrol near the water.

The major turns to be a tall and strong man with a wrinkled and tan face covered by a bushy beard, who´s working in his nets and smoking a pipe. His name, as you learned earlier when you were looking for him, is Wil. You tell him what´s brought you to Seawell, and he nods.

“You were not what we were waiting for, but I suppose it what we were expecting” says, and then explains himself: “After three lost ships –at least, there can be more- you would think someone important would care. But those important people have better things to do, so it´s us who have to deal with it.”

“It´s almost like the old bad days, when the lighthouse wasn´t there and many god men died in the reefs.”

Another fisherman, who´s approached, interrupts: “But the lighthouse is fine, I´ve seen the light recently.”

Wil looks at the fisherman, turns to you again and then continues: “We think something must be wrong, but we can do little. The marshes are dangerous for peaceful people like us, and our militia is needed here now that the lizardfolk are growing restless.”

“Show them the speartip” interrupts the sailor again.

Wil rummages in his big pockets and produces a piece of metal. It´s indeed a speartip, made of good steel. “The lizardmen are using them now. Where they get them, nobody knows. The ships that have arrived didn´t notice anything strange.”

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm's brow furrows with concern. He has only rudimentary knowledge of the sea and of seafaring. This situation sounds dangerous and his heart immediately went out to the people of Seawell. He had to do something... but first, he had to find out exactly what was going on.

My apologies, Wil. I know little about the sea since I am from far inland. What does a lighthouse do?

OOG: Assuming the Major or someone else enlightens poor, ignorant Wilhelm.

Hmm...Do you have a map of the marshes and the area toward the Lighthouse? Also, do you think you can show me where ships are usually wrecked? We have goods that we were hired to reclaim.

He turns to his comrades. What do you think of all this?

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr takes some time to think about what's been said. "Did the missing ships carry weapons? maybe the lizards got them from a ship? He continues asking the mayor questions: "Do the ships come near land on the way to here? I think we have to find out if they where attacked by ships of men on land..
"How long ago did the ships start getting lost? and how long ago did the lizardmen started making trouble?"

To wilhelm he replies: "I think it's good idea to go look where the ships where missing. Its hard to hide all those ships, if they didn't sink to the bottom. We find out if lizards have anything to do with the ships?."

Timothy

First Post
Multiple ships disappearing is a bit too much of a coincedence for me.

Did the ships sink or just disappear, well if you have any knowledge of the difference that is. If they all disappeard at the same place, the coastal lines around that place would be a good idea to search. We could ask the lighthouse people if they have seen anything.

Remove ads