• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Someone

Adventurer
“Hmm...Do you have a map of the marshes and the area toward the Lighthouse? Also, do you think you can show me where ships are usually wrecked? We have goods that we were hired to reclaim.”

“Multiple ships disappearing is a bit too much of a coincedence for me.
Did the ships sink or just disappear, well if you have any knowledge of the difference that is. If they all disappeard at the same place, the coastal lines around that place would be a good idea to search. We could ask the lighthouse people if they have seen anything.”

“The Kojars live at the lighthouse, they are fine people, honest and hardly.” Says Wil. “They come once in a while, if they need something they can´t hunt, fish or craft there, and yes it´s a good place to start asking. But I wouldn´t go unprepared, unless I wanted to end in a cocodrile´s belly.”

“Maps are useless. Much of what lies north of there floods in winter and spring, reshaping the whole land. Now it´s dry, but that doesn´t make thing less dangerous. You´ll need a boat or else a good guide, and won´t reach the lighthouse in under two days, that´s for sure.”

"Did the missing ships carry weapons? maybe the lizards got them from a ship? He continues asking the mayor questions: "Do the ships come near land on the way to here? I think we have to find out if they where attacked by ships of men on land..
"How long ago did the ships start getting lost? and how long ago did the lizardmen started making trouble?"

“I don´t know for sure, only a handful of them stop here looking for fresh water” replies Wil. “But it can´t be more than a couple months ago, maybe.”

“The lizardmen have been always a trouble. And sometimes they get their claws on a good weapon or a metal shield, but now they are a real pain. We now have raids at least twice a week, and they start coming in groups larger than just two or three. And everyone packs a steel javelin or a good shield, since, well, a couple months ago.” Wil seems puzzled at the revelation, too.

B4cchus

Explorer
"Taking a boat to the lighthouse sounds like a good plan. Maybe we get lucky and catch us some boatnappers". Hulgyr gives a savage grin showing his teeth.

Timothy

First Post
IC:

Yes a good plan! although we should prepare for it.

To Will

What exactly can we expect from these Kojars? How should we prepare?

OOC: On my university, the new students have arrived. This means a lot of parties while some experienced students show them the ropes (and the bars and disco's) This will mean I will have less time to post, but once every two days should not be aproblem. NPC me whenever I'm the only one you're waiting for. Roddick will fight in support of the other fighters, trying to use his glaive's reach to it's full extent. He'll stand behind other fighters when fighting a single monster and will try to pick off isolated creatures if possible in multi-monster fights.
The introduction of new students will take 9 days.

Someone

Adventurer
”What exactly can we expect from these Kojars? How should we prepare?”

“What? Say hello, I suppose”

(You realize that the “Kojars” is the family living at and operating the lighthouse)

ooc: No problem with that, Timothy, check the thread whenever you can. So far, two of you think that visiting the lighthouse using a boat is the best idea. Nobody in the village will sell you one (they need them to work), but you should be able to rent one, and a fisherman to sail it, for two silvers a day. If nobody disagrees, that´s what you´re going to do.

Timothy

First Post
OOC: I'm at Twente Univerisity, Enschede.

IC:

Say hello...Off course, I knew that..... Roddick grins sheepishly.

OOC: Let's go to the lighthouse then, 8 sp (there and back again) are no prob.

Remove ads