wtf ?? psychiatrists are LN !

I thought just the opposite i.e. CN !
Can you please explain 1) where you are getting the notion that they are LN, and 2) why you think they are CN?

Once again, D&D alignment is incredibly nebulous, differs by edition, and maps to the real world (where moral and ethical frameworks themselves are rife with opportunity for debate and disagreement) terribly. If you think a given profession* is one alignment, and others think they are another, you are likely both right (depending on differing perspectives).
*see also Blue Oranges comment about professions not being monolithic in alignment

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
well, it began with my sister using strange behavior, and me assuming she had some psychiatric way of using tournures which were betraying my own philosophy ( tiens! again the Tolerance flag ! ) , and then her affinity with her cat ( which let me think she was somehow Druid ==> TN ) , also some supervising skills ( ok now Lawful people use supervising tools ) , with coherance in her meanings ( a lot to print here ! )
then my fellows psy patients who were ( and are ) shaken by psy methods, with in my mind only the flag that they want to bring patients to elite status, and it is walk or die , you must keep confidence in your country's rules even if roads skim madness ( this I call CN )
( hope it is not too confusing pals )

le Redoutable

now, if psys are sometimes LN and sometimes CN, then perhaps they're Neutral on the Law/Chaos axis;
I do hope that they're benevolent in the Good/Evil axis :)

le Redoutable

hey do you know of MArvel's Adventure Game ( Strength/Will/Agility/Intellect ) callings ??

because a pal obviously uses the Exemplar calling ( while me use the Youthful Exuberance calling ! )

:)

nevin

Hero
well, it began with my sister using strange behavior, and me assuming she had some psychiatric way of using tournures which were betraying my own philosophy ( tiens! again the Tolerance flag ! ) , and then her affinity with her cat ( which let me think she was somehow Druid ==> TN ) , also some supervising skills ( ok now Lawful people use supervising tools ) , with coherance in her meanings ( a lot to print here ! )
then my fellows psy patients who were ( and are ) shaken by psy methods, with in my mind only the flag that they want to bring patients to elite status, and it is walk or die , you must keep confidence in your country's rules even if roads skim madness ( this I call CN )
( hope it is not too confusing pals )
ouch my head hurts. throwing out a bunch of stuff to hopefully get you to erase your labels because they don't mean what you think they do.

Chaotic people can use supervising tools. using a tool to order your schedule is not an alignment issue.

Chaotic= people should be allowed to act as they want. CG = as long as you don't hurt other people and are responsible for your actions. CE= Screw everybody but me. L = Follow the rules of society. No exceptions.. LG = as long as those rules are serving a good purpose. LE = Follow the letter of the law but the strong will win and weak will be subjugated.

Druids can hate cats and believe they are part of nature.. Alignment is your broad belief in how to follow the rules. (not always societies rules).

A lawful good doctor can do a study that isn't going to actually help anyone but it is to learn what is needed for the greater good and have no moral or ethical problems. The CG doctor would most likely have serious problems with that because they could be harming patients to learn what they need to know and for them the greater good does not trump the individual good.

Crazy however can be any alignment, someone could be LG, batshit crazy and think that the only way to save the world is to kill those who aren't following the rules.

a Chaotic character could be terrifed of being killed (due to some neurosis) and live in a perfectly ordered house and follow a perfect schedule out of fear they could die if they don't. In fact they would be making their own choice to do it their own way. (actions do not always= alignment)

Remove ads