X-Files season 10

Asmo

First Post
The transition from not agents to agents confused me so much that I had to go back and watch the tail end of the first episode. I think that it would have been better to give them a little bit more runway to get them back into their old routines and explain why that happened. Hadn't Fox and Skinner's last conversation ended with them agreeing that something needed to happen, but that the system they had worked in was too flawed? And then they're back and they're going to get to the bottom of it all, and there are all those world ending, Machiavellian schemes and loose ends, and they...are investigating a random guy (graaaaah Sanjay Gupta!!!) who committed suicide?

Fox are airing the episodes out of order. "Founder's Mutation" was actually shot as episode 5.

This the order how the episodes were shot:

My Struggle 10x1
Founders Mutation 10x5
Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster10x3
Home Again 10x2
Babylon 10x4
My Struggle II 10x6

According to a blog, this descision was made by Carter and his team, not by Fox.

Ryujin

Legend
Fox are airing the episodes out of order. "Founder's Mutation" was actually shot as episode 5.

This the order how the episodes were shot:

My Struggle 10x1
Founders Mutation 10x5
Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster10x3
Home Again 10x2
Babylon 10x4
My Struggle II 10x6

According to a blog, this descision was made by Carter and his team, not by Fox.

Jeez. They clearly learnt absolutely nothing from "Firefly."

Nytmare

David Jose

We'll see if Home Again has the transition back into being FBI agents that I was expecting. If it does, shame on you Carter and Company.

By far my "favorite" aired-in-a-different-order complete and utter screw up was for the Clerks Animated TV Show. They test screened the episodes and discovered that the fourth episode was the strongest, so they decided to air that one first and the first one fourth. The SECOND episode of the series that they aired was a joke flashback episode that did absolutely nothing, nothing, but reference the old first episode, which nobody had had a chance to see.

Brilliant move ABC!

Ryujin

Legend
We'll see if Home Again has the transition back into being FBI agents that I was expecting. If it does, shame on you Carter and Company.

By far my "favorite" aired-in-a-different-order complete and utter screw up was for the Clerks Animated TV Show. They test screened the episodes and discovered that the fourth episode was the strongest, so they decided to air that one first and the first one fourth. The SECOND episode of the series that they aired was a joke flashback episode that did absolutely nothing, nothing, but reference the old first episode, which nobody had had a chance to see.

Brilliant move ABC!

They did the same thing with Star Trek, when it originally aired in the '60s, because they thought that they needed to start off with an action piece, featuring a space monster. That had everyone wondering why they uniforms changed, then changed back, after the actual first couple of episodes aired.

Remove ads