• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Calinon

First Post
Shar lets out an exasperated sigh. "I do not have time for this," she growls through her makeshift mask, spinning the girl around and thumping her in the back of the neck with her collapsed staff to stun her or knock her out. "You'll either thank me for this, or not remember a thing," she says into the girl's ear as she holds her upright and shoves her into the car.

"Here, Frank. Hold onto this would ya? She's a mutant too," Shar says to Frank as she deposits the girl in his lap. "Don't say it," she says, frustration evident in her voice. "I'm already going to get crap from Charles for taking her. But I'm not leaving her confused in the street where anyone could take her. And she seems scared anyway. Probably those psychos are after her too."

All that assumes something of course... that Radiant won't put us into combat with each other when we are supposed to all get together at the mansion. :) And that Mistress Mind doesn't get reeeeeeel angry. Well, that'll happen anyway, but at least not until we get to the mansion!

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Phoenix, Jake French, Shadow
17:18
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake, the entrance hall

Xavier leads all of you into a nicely furnished living room with a few refreshments allready laid out on the table.

Scott it seems we are missing one of our guests. I just have a hunch that she might have lost her way in the ... basement. Would you be so kind as to get her. She should be close to the ... training facilities.

"Sure Professor, no problem."

"Oh and please take Brandon with you, she doesn't know you and we do not want to scare the poor girl. Her soroundings should be surprise enough for today."

Cyclops visible sighs but waves Brandon after him.
Once they have left Xavier pours himself a glass of water, offering more to Shadow and Jake.

"Now Jake, this was all in a hurry, please tell me how I may help you."

Mimic

First Post
Phoenix, Jake French, Shadow
Westchester, New York

Radiant said:
Once they have left Xavier pours himself a glass of water, offering more to Shadow and Jake.

Brian takes the offered glass and takes a sip, he waits for the proffesor to start explaining why there were here and what he wanted them to do.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Westchester, New York

Mr. Summers said:
"Sure Professor, no problem."

"Cool, a training area, looking forward to working out again . . . it's been too long," Brandon commented. Brandon followed Scott down the hallway, keeping pace.

"It's okay Mr. Summers, no need to sigh. We got off on the wrong foot - that happens sometimes," Brandon added. "The important thing is not to let first impressions color our time together."

'Wow, what a load of . . . err, meant every word, I did,' Brandon thought, realizing that his thoughts might be monitered.

Radiant

First Post
-Phoenix, Gemini
Westchester, New York

A small yellow boy at the start of the page: Who would believe such crap?
The first picture: Scott looking naive at Brandon

"Sure thing, we're all a little worked up. And Scott will do it. No need to stay with Mr Summers."

Before you have a chance to answer you enter a small storage room. It is just big enough for the two of you and you are quite sure that if Angela is not hiding inside a drawer there is no chance of her being here.

Cyclops, authorization 24F8Y. Danger room.

Suddenly you can feel the room start to move downwards. Only a few seconds later the door opens again and you can see into the futuristic lower levels of the mansion.

Gemini hears a door slide open behind her as she is just holding one of the strange armored uniforms.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
-Phoenix, Gemini
Westchester, New York

Gemini jumps slightly as she hears the door slide open behind her. Putting down the uniform, she ducked into a place that would hopefully be not visible by the door. What if whomever it was who was coming through the door had come from the Danger Room? Weren't things from the Danger Room dangerous? Picturing all sorts of scary things in her head, such as wild animals or monsters, or even men in white coats, she tried to shift into Brian's form. Maybe if they saw Brian instead of her, they would not know that she was frightened.

Hellzon

First Post
Data

Calinon said:
"Here, Frank. Hold onto this would ya? She's a mutant too," Shar says to Frank as she deposits the girl in his lap. "Don't say it," she says, frustration evident in her voice. "I'm already going to get crap from Charles for taking her. But I'm not leaving her confused in the street where anyone could take her. And she seems scared anyway. Probably those psychos are after her too."
"Probably, yeah.", Frank mutters as Alicia is dumped in his lap. Then an idea hits him, and he starts trying to tune in police communications to see if there are reports of any more of the mutant terrorists.

OOC: Radio hearing feat to tun in police comms (if possible). Anything out of the ordinary gets reported to Shar of course. See ya the 26:th, as I said, can't promise regular posting until then (but I'll try of course).

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Westchester, New York

Cyclops said:
Cyclops, authorization 24F8Y. Danger room.

"Danger Room?" Brandon asked. As the doors slid open to reveal smooth walls and futuristic settings, Brandon let his breath out explosively

"Wow, this is sure some change from upstairs, Mr. . . err Scott. Sure Angela is down here?" Brandon asked.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Phoenix, Gemini, Cyclops
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake, Sublevel 1

Phoenix said:
"Danger Room?" Brandon asked. As the doors slid open to reveal smooth walls and futuristic settings, Brandon let his breath out explosively

"Wow, this is sure some change from upstairs, Mr. . . err Scott. Sure Angela is down here?" Brandon asked.

Cyclops smiles knowingly. It looks like he's seen the reaction a few times before.
"Don't worry. You'll soon find out that the Prof is never wrong in such things."
Right at that moment the two bump into, the now changed, Angela.

-Shar, Data, Psyche
09:00
on their way to the Xavier institute after they escaped from the brotherhood

"...yeah I told you she's flying!...
...no, just a jumpsuit...
...big guy crashed right through our car...
...way blocked by flames...
...what in gods name is that thing...
...calling in air support...
...flying target has gone out of sight, seems like they're retreating...
...capture them? Are you nuts we're lucky they're leavung with us still in one piece..."
To anyone without Data's powers it would take a few minutes to even make sense of the dozens of confused messages he can hear. For his mutated mind it takes only seconds to filter it and understand the the mutants are no longer following them but instead fight or retreat from the police.

Calinon

First Post
"The police radios are going nuts. I can't make heads or tails of it," Shar says, wincing and willing her ability to hear the radio signals away for the time being. "I bet it's those guys that are after us. Maybe we finally got some luck."

Remove ads