X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Hellzon

First Post
Data: 2 HP

"Like you did with my bike," she says with a hint of a frown. "You know, I really loved that bike. Oh well," she sighs. "Charles will replace it I'm sure. Don't sweat it."
"Em, right. Sorry about that. Be sure to tell me if I can make up for it."
"And you should look at it this way. If you'd gone with her and supergirl, you'd be with the psycho murderers instead of running from them. This is soooooo much better," she says with a bit of a chuckle.
"Yep. You know, the one that called me and pulled me into all of this - I guess that was Miss Blue - she told me about how they were helping mutants that were hunted by mutant haters. Guess she kind of glossed over precisely how they were helping."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"Brandon" freezes as the eyebeams hit the floor just in front of her, and stares at Scott with a look of surprise. Then, "his" lower lip began to tremble, as 'he' backed away slowly. First, the gang that had chased her in the alley... now someone was shooting eyebeams at her! Were it not for nice people like Brandon, she would have thought it was safer in the asylum.

Brandon turned back to Angela, "Ang, ya oughta change out of me. I'm happy to see you . . . and hugging myself would just be way to weird - even for me."

"Uh.... okay..." It took a moment for her to calm down enough to concentrate, before she was able to resume her own form. The flames around her eyes were back, once again. Crossing her arms over her chest, she gave Scott a wide-eyed look, being careful to keep Brandon between him and herself.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brandon Laine (Phoenix)

Angela said:
"Uh.... okay..."

True to his word, Brandon gave Angela a hug once she changed back, then kept between her and Scott.

"I suppose we better be getting back for that tour," Brandon said, his eyes still lightly flaming - though that was the way they always were, ever since the accident. He looked around the smooth metal walls of the lower level. 'There is definitely something more to this old house, my boy,' Brandon thought.

Radiant

First Post
[color=red]a new age[/color]

-The New X-Men (yeah that means all of you guys...)
17:30
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

All of you are gathered around a large round table in room with a beautifull view over the park around the institute.
Professor Charles Xavier sits in his wheelchair in front of the window while Scott Summers stands beside the door. Once everyone is seated the Professor turns around with a warm smile.
"Welcome to the Xavier Institute for gifted youngsters. You all had a lot of questions and it is about time for some answers. As some of you allready know and others have suspected this is not exactly a normal school.
In a world increasingly hostile towards mutant I decided to create a place for young mutants to learn to control their powers and use them to the benefit of all people. As much for their own security as to better the relationship between mutants and normal humans. You could say my first class has allready graduated and I am sure each of you heard of them before. Sadly the media still portrays them as criminals as often like as heroes.

A nod to Scott causes the young man to switch another hidden key and whole room moves downwards. Since only the floor lowers itself it almost seems as if the walls just grow higher and higher.
Finally you settle in a completely new environment. Instead of the huge window into the gardens another one now shows a strange training area while the walls around you are covered in screens and consoles. A few show the above floors you already visited while other show the silver lined tunnels Brandon and Angela found. Status reports about perimeter defenses flash while one even shows a military looking plane in some kind of underground launch bay.
”Welcome to the X-Men.”

oog:
-Shar, Data: You just brought the kids you collected for Xavier in and after a short break while he took care of the girl you found you’ve been called to the gathering here.
-Psyche: Not wanting to intrude too deeply into Alicia’s privacy Xavier tried to free enough of her memories so she can make sense of what happened. This gave her access to some of her powers and made her realize that she is a mutant but he has not found out about Mistress Minds existence yet.
-Phoenix, Gemini: Sometimes even Cyclops realizes that he shouldn’t intrude into a private moment and so he led you back up without further comments.
-Shadow: As the only one who stayed up with the Professor just asked a few questions about yourself and warned you to be ready for a surprise.

Since this is the first meeting between all characters it would be good point to describe how your char appears to the others, reactions etc.

Hellzon

First Post
Data: 2 HP

In one of the seats by the table sits an extremely tall and skinny boy in his late teens. The last time his light brown hair was introduced to a comb was probably a week ago, and his t-shirt and pants are slightly out of style. At least he doesn't smell. And his mouth is wide open as his eyes sweep over the consoles lining the walls.

Finally a happy surprise. Frank seems to gather himself slightly, resisting the urge to uplink with all the consoles at once - especially the one overlooking the plane. "Why, thanks, Mr. Xavier."

His gaze (of the very non-penetrating kind) turns to the others around the table, trying not to stare at Brian's and Brandon's eyes (failing miserably) or at the three attractive women (almost making it). "And I don't think we've met - well, apart from Sharon and you, miss." he says with a nod towards Alicia. "I'm Frank Morrisson."

"And try to forgive me if I act a bit stunned. Today has been... a bit hectic,"
Frank finishes before leaning back in his chair.

Mimic

First Post
Shadow

Out of place would describe nicely the way Brian looks compared to the others gathered in the room.

Short spiked hair of various colours, like it was dyed various times without making sure the previous colours were gone before hand sat atop a head that had various peircings in his ears and face. His clothing was pretty much on the normal side jeans, white t-shirt and leather jacket. Although they were all damaged as if he was in a fight recently.

The really odd thing about him was his eyes and skin. His eyes are solid black with a dark red surrounding the edges and his skin is pale, almost albino white with dark splothes that seem to shift and move on thier own. He seems not to be paying attention as he thrusts his hand through the table only to bring it back up whole and undamaged, but every so ofter he glances around the table sizing up the people around him, particularly the women.

"Geek... wanabee... hot... very hot... older but still hot." He thinks to himself.

As the floor comes to a stop, he looks around at all the screens and consules. "OK, I'm impressed but what exactly is a X-men?" Brian says turning his full attention to the man in the wheelchair.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Brandon Laine leaned back in one of the chairs around the table, legs stretched out in front of him under the table, fingers interlocked behind his head. Brandon looked his 21 years of age, stood 6’2” (when he was standing), and weighed about 200. He had an athletic build to him, a somewhat more bulky runners body.

With amber colored eyes (if they ever stopped flaming) and curly blonde hair that catches the light, Brandon had a deep west coast tan. He wore casual loose fitting clothes, currently a USC sweatshirt and baggy jeans. A black pair of shades hung on the neckband of his sweatshirt, and headphones hung around his neck. An mp3 player was clipped to his jeans and running shoes completed the ensemble.

Inwardly, Brandon was quite happy. Nothing had gotten fried yet today (except for a wayward apple), and Bandon had managed to keep his temper in check. It was much easier now than before his time with Danny Rand. The man had taught him the benefits of meditation and relaxation, hand in hand with control and focus. He wondered if everyone here was from this side of the country – if so, they probably hadn’t know of him as a college football star, but they might have heard of the Phoenix (though Brandon doubted that as well).

Frank said:
"I'm Frank Morrisson. And try to forgive me if I act a bit stunned. Today has been... a bit hectic," Frank finishes before leaning back in his chair.

“Not a problem, there Frank,” Brandon replied, still leaning back in the chair. Pointing at himself with his thumb, Brandon continued, “Brandon Laine, here. As for hectic, I can sympathize with ya there.”

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Psyche: Human/Female PL5

It was a deeply contemplative Alicia that sat on the sofa her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms protectively hugging them. So much had happened to her, and not just in the last few days, or was it two..? She didn’t remember, and though that wasn’t that unusual for her anymore it bothered her greatly… Going from gunned down and should have been dead to an ambulance only to wake up on standing in the middle of the street in downtown New York City was simply to much for her.

Lost in thought, her auburn her partially unloosed as it slowly dried from her long needed shower, Alicia had missed Frank’s comment to her as he shattered mind tried to make sense of things. Her mind had company as her heart, long broken by her parents’ disowning of her as they foolishly turned a blind eye to her troubles, tried to make sense of the latest shocker… She was a freak, a mutant, and any hope of having the warmth of her parent’s love upon her again was gone for good now… Father hated mutants, and would never admit he fathered one.

Her malnourished body shook uncontrollable at the cold reality of her thoughts while her dark green eyes meekly looked upon those around her. They where talking about important stuff, she could tell by their body language but she hadn’t really been paying them any attention as her mind tried to contemplate upon what had happened to her…

OOC: Sorry for the lateness of this reply… I sort of forgot what my character looked like and it takes sometime to locate the RG when you don’t have a copy of the link… :heh: Also sorry for her being so antisocial but she has alot to contemplate right now.

Calinon

First Post
His gaze (of the very non-penetrating kind) turns to the others around the table, trying not to stare at Brian's and Brandon's eyes (failing miserably) or at the three attractive women (almost making it). "And I don't think we've met - well, apart from Sharon and you, miss." he says with a nod towards Alicia.
"I'm Frank Morrisson."

"And try to forgive me if I act a bit stunned. Today has been... a bit hectic,"
Frank finishes before leaning back in his chair.

"Hectic," Sharon from behind a coffee cup. "I think that's an understatement, Frank. And I seriously hope nobody else went through what Frank and I did."

Shar looked tired. Her plain brown hair hung limply to her shoulders. Her jeans were blood spattered, and her t-shirt was stained rust with dried blood. It was obvious, despite her obvious fatigue and haggard appearance, that she was someone that took the time to work out. Whatever the small tube on her hip was, it looked more than a little intimidating. And unlike most everyone else, she didn't appear surprised by their surroundings.

As the floor comes to a stop, he looks around at all the screens and consules. "OK, I'm impressed but what exactly is a X-men?" Brian says turning his full attention to the man in the wheelchair.

"Mutants," Shar says simply. "Like you, me, him, her... like the Avengers. Captain America without the good PR, but not quite as bad a rep as Spiderman. Give it time and a few more days like today though," she says with a sharp look at Charles. "I really would have loved a warning if you knew what was going to happen."

Noticing Alicia's shivering, she picks up her jacket from her chair and puts it over Alicia's shivering shoulders. "Here, sweetie," she says, putting her warm mug of coffee into the girls hands, holding her own over Alicia's to stop her shaking. "You look like you need this more than I do."

"While I know I should appreciate the dramatics, I think you could do better than 'Welcome to the X-Men', Charles," she says, looking behind herself at Xavier without turning around. "Why were those mutants after Frank? And where is the blue chick who tried to shoot me in the head? Alive I hope, because I didn't keep her out of human hands just for her to die here. I'd rather like to chat with her," she says flatly.

"Oh, and Scott, I hear you have some new bikes?" she says with a gleam in her eye. "Which is good, 'cause something seems to have happened to mine."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich: Human/Female (PL5)

Alicia jumps in shock as the wrapping of the coat around her slender frame brings her back to reality. With a weak smile Alicia blushes apologetically, she wasn’t cold but with her former clothes dirty and ruined beyond belief she had been forced to barrow clothing from another student, and this other student was far more comfortable with her body than Alicia was with hers and she was quite happy for another layer of clothing.

“Thanks… It’s Alicia by the way.” She paused in her speaking to sip at the coffee and her dark green eyes fall upon the cylinder that hung from the older lady’s hip…

Remove ads