X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Hellzon

First Post
Data

Radiant said:
"We use a computer interface named Cerebro..."
The rest is more or less filtered out - until Charles mentions why he has brought him and the others here.
"Shar saved me from those terrorists, so I guess the right thing is to help you guys save those X-men. Count me in if there's something I can help with."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

17:32
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

Professor Xavier said:
". . . .The team left immediately to find out more. But only Scott returned and he is without any memory of what happened to him or his friends. . . ."

As the Professor began his speech, Branson slowing started sitting up from his reclined in the chair position. ‘Maybe that’s why Scott was being so high strung . . . suppose I can understand that,’ Brandon thought.

“Well, I, for one, didn’t expect to get all this training in my abilities and learning to control my powers for free,” Brandon said, sitting up straight in his seat. “If they are some others who need our help, I’m ready to give it, regardless. ‘Alpha level’ is good, right?”

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
"Woah, that's beautiful," Shar says, walking around the bike. She runs her hand along the frame appreciatively. "I'll have to give it a test run after I get some rest and," she says, tugging at her stained shirt with a mock frown. "After I wash Mystique off me and get into some clean clothes," she adds with a smile.

She finishes circling the bike before stopping in front of Scott. "And I think I'd look good on a Harley, thank you very much," she says, poking him in the chest with a grin. She puts her hand flat on his chest and her grin fades.

"We'll get her back, Scott. We'll get all of them back. And we'll do it together, okay? Whatever happened on your mission, I know it wasn't your fault. If you're here alone, it's because the only way to help Jean and the others was to get here and get help. It's not because you failed anyone. You've never let anyone at this school down; you've never given up on anyone. So don't give up on yourself either," Shar says, giving Scott's arm a comforting squeeze.

"Besides, you're talking to someone who just took on a whole gang of mutants and captured their leader. And Charles wouldn't have gathered that group of new kids if they weren't able to help. So things are looking up there, leader man. Now, how about a side trip to the infirmary and then you find me a place to shower and some fresh clothes, mkay?" she says, trying to be cheerful despite her tiredness. "And some clothes for that Alicia girl would be a plan too. Hospital gowns... ug," she says, making a face.

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Cyclops
17:33
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake, the workshop

"Maybe your right. Still it was my responsibitly to bring them back.
These kids are pretty powerfull from what Cerebro gathered but they got no training. You know how dangerous that is. Now let's take a look at your wounds."

He even manages a smile then he leads you out.
"Yeah maybe your right but the Harley is MY ride...
After making sure that most of the blood is indeed not Shars he leads you to a room. It didn't feel comfortale in ifirmary anyway, with Mystyque lying on the bench beside you. And that flesh eating mutant Flex who guarded her wasn't exactly good company either.
"Shower ain't a problem, the Professor allways keeps a room for you, he's still hoping you'll join the school one day. I'll go fetch you some clothes."

Mimic

First Post
Shadow

Save people... don't save people... what ever, as long as I get to kick some ass you can count me in. Brian says leaning back in his chair again.

Calinon

First Post
"Thanks, Scott," Sharon says as he leaves the room.

Alone again, she strips off her clothes, piling them on the floor and tossing her weapon and holster on the bed before stepping into the bathroom. She gets the water nice and hot, allowing the hot water and steam build up before finally stepping into the shower. Closing her eyes, she lets her sense of touch and sound get filled by the experience for a good long time and lets the shower do the work of sluicing the sweat, grime and blood from her skin.

As the water streams over her, she reflects on the events of the prior day, realizing how lucky she was to get out of the whole situation with her skin intact. Despite the fact that Mystique had tried to kill her, she can't help but hope the woman recovers, if only so she can answer the questions running through Shar's head.

After who knows how long, she realizes that she's close to falling asleep in the shower and reluctantly turns off the taps, bracing herself for the sudden return of her senses. Sounds flood her ears and she winces until she gets control of her hearing again and reaches for the towel.

"Scott? Are you out there?" she calls, letting her vision shift so she can see out into the room through the walls, hoping some clothes were ready for her.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Angela sat quietly for a moment, considering the situation. The ideaof going looking for mutants on some far off island sounded very scary to her. She did like the idea of learning to use her abilities though, since it appeared that she was stuck with them. Who knew? Maybe she would learn to be strong again if she agreed to go on the mission! Besides, there was no one else...

"I'll help," she said at last, offering the Professor a shy smile.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brandon Laine (Phoenix)

Angela said:
"I'll help," she said at last, offering the Professor a shy smile.

Brandon smiled and tried to show his support to Angela on her offer. He hadn't expected her to volunteer, but was pleased that she had. Brandon turned to the Professor to hear what else was going on.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Psyche: Human/Female (PL5)

Alicia’s own answer follows quickly behind Angela’s answer though her voice and facial expression hides little of her nervousness and self doubt, “Me too… I’m not sure how much I can contribute compared to the rest of you… You all seem so comfortable with your powers, but… Well, to be honest, I have nothing to lose so I might as well make myself useful to the only ones that have show me any kindness of late.”

Radiant

First Post
launch

-the New X-Men
18:30
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

The black form of the strato jet accelerates, becoming a black blur as it shoots through the launch bay. In the last momen the secret gates to the underground complex open and the plane climbs upwards, reaching super sonic speed only moments after takeoff.

Inside: At first you don't notice much as you get pressed back into your seats. Only once your reach a stable flight speed you get to pay any attention to your souroundings again. The others sit around you, looking strange in their black uniforms. The costumes of unstable molecules feel strange, it's almost as if they are not there at all, sometimes you have to look down on yourself to assure yourself you're clothed at all. How the things can bes o light even with their obvious integrated armor layers remains a mistery. In the last hour you got the feeling that Xavier realy did not want to send you and he tried to reach the Avengers and the Fantastic Four one last time but in the end he handed you the uniform and Scott led you down through the underground base. Now he's piloting the plane silently as you watch the groudn vanishing below you.

Remove ads