X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Mimic

First Post
Brian gets off the plane and listens to the others talk, watching Cyclops appear confused and disorientated...

"This guy is our leader? Yikes..." Brian think as he pushes himself into the extra demensional space, like the professor taught him how to do,* leaving only a vague like shadow in this existance...

Ok I'm going to take a quick look around. Back in a sec, don't go anywhere without me... especially you. He tells Angela, giving her a wink and a smile as he heads off upstream

<OOC: In shadow form Brian will scout the way, looking for anything unusual. If he spots anything he will head back and tell the group. If he doesn't find anything he will scout about 10 minutes and then head back>

<*Yea I know it wasn't stated that it happened but I figure that the professor would at least give him telepathic run down of what he can and can't do.>

Calinon

First Post
Shar opens her mouth in a silent gasp and presses her hands to her head. "Oh god," she groans, trying to shut down her ability to sense mutants before it does overwhelm her. "Scott," she hisses as the rest of her senses continue to be filled. "There's a mutant here. Someone more powerful than anything I've ever felt before. It's as if it's all around us."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Angela feels color spreading across her cheeks at Brian's words. "I won't," she replied shyly. She watches as the others spread out, using their individual powers to explore the island. She wondered if perhaps she should try to copy someone’s powers, but decided to wait to see if there was a particular need. She looks curiously to Shar when she whispers something to Scott, wondering if there was a problem.

Hellzon

First Post
Data

Outgoing much? Frank mentally snickers at the exchange between Angela and Brian.

As Sharon tries to block out the sensation of powerful mutant, Frank asks"A powerful mutant? Can you tell where?" So we can go the other way... oh get a grip, Frank! "I mean, we can probably assume he... or she... is the one who captured the others. You allright, by the way?"

Calinon

First Post
"It's like it's everywhere, at once," Shar says as her senses calm down. "Charles is the most powerful mutant I'd ever sensed before and his presence is like..." she says, pausing and trying to find a proper way to describe it.

"If Charles power was the size of the kitchen at the mansion, this would be the size of Yankee Stadium. Maybe bigger," she says, then looks around. "Definitely bigger. We better keep alert. Aside from whatever it is that's threatening to overwhelm my mutant sensing ability, this place is full of animals, and I doubt they are domesticated."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brandon Laine (Phoenix)

Brandon raised higher in the air . . . looking for a better vantage point, or anything out of the ordinary. He stayed over the group on the ground though, providing air support.

'Wonder how good the waves are here,' Brandon thought.

Radiant

First Post
-the New X-Men
19:00
Krakoa

Phoenix burts into flame and flys upward. The force of the living fire feels as powerfull as ever.
Shadow melts away and scouts ahead, finding nothing unusual. Small rodents run screeching then the living shadow passes but otherwise nothing moves on the island. It takes only five minutes to reach the small hill at the center of the isle and the ruins atop it. They look aztec or mayan or whatever to Shadow. Brian never cared much about the differences.
Once ascending the stairs he notices a huge nest atop of the ruined roof. As big as any eagles nest should be thinks. But the birds nesting in it look like nothing he ever saw before. They have green slimy skin and look almost like aerboral saurians from a bad movie. On first glance he can see four of the creatures.
Up from the air Phoenix sees only the hill as a distuingising landmark. And three large boulders.
At least he thinks so at first glance. But then he notices the "boulders" are actualy moving through the jungle towards the group. Each is about the size of a family car and they should reach the team within a minute, maybe even less.

Mimic

First Post
What the hell type of birds are those? Brian thinks to himself, since nothing else presents itself he will be back and report what he has seen.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Phoenix yelled down to the others, "We've got incoming . . . three, look like boulders . . . on post routes . . . gonna be here in a minute."

Phoenix closed to 30' above the group so that he could hear and be ready to fight. 'Rocks . . . my first exposure to the x-men and we're fighting rocks . . . yeah, that'll be effective,' Brandon thought. He looked to Cyclops for instructions . . .

Hellzon

First Post
Data

"Boulders? Let's hope they're not hostile." Why yes Frank, very probable. "So, I hope you guys can handle stuff if they are 'cause frankly, I can't. Unless you want me to send parts of our jet running at them, but that seems like a Bad Idea," Frank finishes while squinting his eyes to see through the foilage.

OOC: No redundant machinery in a military style jet, i suppose. Just making sure. ;)

Remove ads