X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Hellzon

First Post
Data

Man, what's this stuff made of, Frank wonders to himself as he pulls at his costume. Whatever. This should be interesting. Which I thought in the morning as well. Frank mutters mentally, finally settling for looking around, finally being inside this Fantastic Four-inspired jet.

Mimic

First Post
Shadow

Brian grips the armchair as the plane accelerates, he only lets go when the plane reaches a level course and speed.... glancing down at his new uniform, he feels the texture of it and notices that it is pretty much skin tight... which makes him quickly glance at his female teammates...

Man, this is just getting better and better. Time to make nice, nice He thinks to himself with a chuckle. Leaning across the isle, he extends his hand to the woman across from him.

"Hi my name is Brian, your Alicia right?" He says with a smile. "Didn't get to introduce myself properly before we left, so I figure we can do it now..."

Radiant

First Post
-the New X-Men
18:55
Krakoa

The strato jet's vertical engines blow up a cloud of sand and water as it descneds on the beach of a small carbiean island. It is early evening and through the front windows you can just see darkness slowly spreading through the lush plantlife. From above you could see the outlines of a ruined building and a river leading down from it's location towards the sea. As the hatch opens you can see that Cyclops brough you down right beside that river so the trail should be easy enough to follow.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

"So, Scott, you were here before . . . any idea where to look or what to expect?" Brandon asked. Brandon was still getting used to his costume, and the color made him feel like a Raiders groupie, but he was starting to like it.

Calinon

First Post
Shar rested in her seat through most of the flight, trying to finally get some rest. She wasn't too thrilled about the uniform, and had thrown her leather trench over it to help herself feel more comfortable.

As they disembarked, she looks over the gathered mutants and can't help but shake her head. Not a lot of experience here, she thinks to herself. Slowly she lets her senses expand, searching for any dangers nearby with various senses before turning her eyes for signs of a trail, and more importantly, signs of pursuit along that trail.

"Yeah, if you remember anything about what happened, this is definately a good time to say so, Cyclops," she says as she pulls a cloth mask up around her face below her eyes, covering most of her face, and pulls out her thunderstick, checking to make sure it's charged and ready before reholstering it on her hip.

Hellzon

First Post
Data (2 HP)

Calinon said:
"Yeah, if you remember anything about what happened, this is definately a good time to say so, Cyclops,"

"Good point, Shar. By the way, Rule 43 of crazy missions says there are always surveillance cameras, even in jungles. Perhaps we should be looking for something like that? By the way, who leads? I vote for not leading." And with that, Frank starts searching mentally for anything electronic.

Feats: Pretty much detect(electronics) and Radio Hearing. Any of those pinging should be pretty extraordinary around here.

Radiant

First Post
-the New X-Men
18:55
Krakoa

Phoenix said:
"So, Scott, you were here before . . . any idea where to look or what to expect?" Brandon asked. Brandon was still getting used to his costume, and the color made him feel like a Raiders groupie, but he was starting to like it.

Cyclops climbs down the hatch and takes a carefull look around, in his case covering the area at the same time...
"I've seen this before, but... we travelled upstream I think..."
The guy sounds more than a little confused.

Shar said:
Shar rested in her seat through most of the flight, trying to finally get some rest. She wasn't too thrilled about the uniform, and had thrown her leather trench over it to help herself feel more comfortable.

As they disembarked, she looks over the gathered mutants and can't help but shake her head. Not a lot of experience here, she thinks to herself. Slowly she lets her senses expand, searching for any dangers nearby with various senses before turning her eyes for signs of a trail, and more importantly, signs of pursuit along that trail.

"Yeah, if you remember anything about what happened, this is definately a good time to say so, Cyclops," she says as she pulls a cloth mask up around her face below her eyes, covering most of her face, and pulls out her thunderstick, checking to make sure it's charged and ready before reholstering it on her hip.

"Sorry Shar, nothing at all. Even the Professor couldn't pull anything from my head."
As Shar leaves the plain she is nearly overwhelmed from the preasure on her senses. The island is full of life and movement but worse is that she can feel the presence of a mutuant more intensly than ever before. The sense seems to press on her from all directions at once.

Date said:
"Good point, Shar. By the way, Rule 43 of crazy missions says there are always surveillance cameras, even in jungles. Perhaps we should be looking for something like that? By the way, who leads? I vote for not leading." And with that, Frank starts searching mentally for anything electronic.

Apart from the jet itself there is absolutly no electronic signal from the island.
Even out here he should feel some faint signals but to Data's senses the island is absolutly dead, the total opposite to Shar'S impression.

Hellzon

First Post
"Nothing!?" Frank exclaims, more than a little amazed."Eh, right. For those who don't know, I can sense electronic devices. And this place is as deviceless as the moon. Well, apart from that," he finishes, nodding towards the jet.

"You noticing anything, guys?"

Radiant

First Post
Hellzon said:
"Nothing!?" Frank exclaims, more than a little amazed."Eh, right. For those who don't know, I can sense electronic devices. And this place is as deviceless as the moon. Well, apart from that," he finishes, nodding towards the jet.

"You noticing anything, guys?"

Only a few feet from the jet even that feeling vanishes. You can still plainly still it is working but somehow every bit of energy it radiates gets soaked up instantly. The same goes for the permanent radio signal it sends back to the X-Mansion. Something clearly absorbs any stray energy around here. Apart from a mutant or other superpowered being there is about nothing that could produce such a effect with current technical means.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brandon Laine (Phoenix)

Brandon walked off the jet with the others, looking around at lush jungle surroundings. He concentrated for a moment tapping into the liquid fire within him. Brandon felt lighter as released the hold on the energy and let it fill him and he began to rise in the air (only about 20 feet up). He was curious about his costume - not certain if it would burn or not - he didn't think so, but better to find out now rather than later.

"Well, Data, let's see if fire energy is reduced here as well," Phoenix commented. He looked around from his current vantage point above the rest of the team.

Remove ads