X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm, well I got this ring we found from that knight-guy and I think maybe I could try and break down the door with in? If it's around 200 lbs or so I should be able to hurl it open with this (and any creatures guarding it). Wanna try?" Father Fuller asks, fingering the ring.

Rhun

First Post
"Yes, I've some experience with weapons of that nature, though they certainly are not my preference," says Aram, indicating the greataxe. "If we attempt to smash through the gate, whoever is on the other side will certainly know it. Unless we have some sort of spell for silence..."

renau1g

First Post
"Hoho, oh yes, I do have something like that ready. Useful spell, especially against bad wizards. It'll last for a few minutes at least, are we planning to all go together?" the abbot replies.

renau1g

First Post
"Ok, Master Aram, if you wish to take the lead, I'll follow, the beautiful lady can follow me, and our faithful Girgal and Ripclaw can cover our rear, in case any nasties try and get us from behind" Father Fuller says, ready for the upcoming battle.

kinem

Adventurer
"Be careful. Magic silence blocks my blindsense" Keira warns.

The tunnel slopes down, slowly at first, and then becomes steeper and steeper. Soon a small point of daylight appears.

The lines of a barred iron gate blocking the exit come into view. The gate is large and very sturdy looking. A heavy iron rod bars its other side. Attached to this bar is a chain that goes through a small hole in the ceiling. On the left side of the tunnel is a funnel set into the rock.

It is evident that the gate can not be opened until the heavy bar is lifted. Cutting the metal would seem impractical with normal tools, but perhaps the adamantine edge of the axe could make the difference.

A loud and deep male voice demands "What is the password?" The sound seems to come from the tube.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

Try: Hail to the master. Aram hears in his mind the voice of Girgal.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), spirit jaws, blindsight x2 – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), baleful polymorph - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller remembers he's wearing the armour of the Master's servant and strides forward next to Aram, standing upright and displaying the shield prominantly as well.

Remove ads