• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
Keira looks puzzled. "This is war. If we can't afford to drag him with us, which we can't, we should just slay him. I'll do it, if you like. A test of skill makes about as much sense as rolling dice to see if he should go free."

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"I will not look after him, nor I will give him simply freedom. all other options are good for me." Girgal says, looking distasteful at the prisoner.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle
3 (3) – (protection from energy), spirit jaws, blindsight x2 – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5) - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"What options? Turning him over to the centaurs might work, but it could endanger them, and we might meet the medusas on the way.

So, we must slay him. It's the only way, if we are to have a chance of completing the mission. That is what matters, right? Do you see another way, Father?

The only other thing I could think of ... Girgal, you're a druid, a master of animal magic. Perhaps you could turn him into a small animal that our ever-so-concerned priest could carry? Though it's certainly not worth trying it and wasting magic we might soon need for a fight."

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"Then we have to kill him and reincarnate him later. I have no spell readied to transform humanoids." Girgal says, still looking distasteful at the prisoner.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle
3 (3) – (protection from energy), spirit jaws, blindsight x2 – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5) - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Father Fullers shoulders hung low, the weight of the armour nothing next to the weight of this decision. He looked at the others, they had saved his life, but even one of their own wasn't man enough (or dwarf enough) to finish their task. His goal was to stop the Master, but what would he have to sacrifice on the way. The abbot thought back to his teachings as the group looked at him. He removed the helmet and a gauntlet, running his hand through his hair.

"Very well. This man has likely broken the law, he did attempt to end our lives, and likely has hurt others. Therefore, in keeping with the teachings of Amaunator, he shall receive a public execution. With the only public being us, I suppose I shall deliver the blow, as it is in my god's teachings that those who break the law shall be punished." Father Fuller says, as he prepares for the actions he's bound to take.

[sblock=ooc]
FF will bash him until he's dead, sorry for slowing things down, but I really felt he wouldn't so easily kill someone.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Renau1g, since he is tied and helpless, you can simply adminster the coup de gras instead of bashing him over and over.

kinem

Adventurer
"Thank you, Father. War is not easy for anyone." Keira looks down, subdued.

"The Master's men killed my friends. This man was not directly involved, but this is not about revenge. We must win, is all.

In the end, we will need your morals to end this war. When the Master is dead, the people of his land will still hate us and still make war on us. We can not kill them all. You have the right instinct, to show them kindness."

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller sullenly wipes the gore from his heavy mace on the man's cloak, and hang the weapon back on his hip. With a brief prayer to Amaunator, the abbot wearily turns back to the others, "Shall we keep moving or do we have a reason to stay?" he asks

kinem

Adventurer
The cliff proves to be fairly easy to climb down, with numerous handholds and footholds that have been carved in to it.

In the valley below, you pass by the dead giant, who has a silver amulet around his neck. Keira declares that it is magical, and takes it.

The party travels without much conversation for several miles. The path descends gradually from the mountains, but peaks and hills rise on both sides.

[sblock=Dragonwriter]Jex (hp 41/59) is hiding behind a ridge with his shadowy companion, waiting to ambush the Master's forces should they take this road.

He sees a group approaching:

- a man in armor in the style of Hule, the nation ruled by the Master

- a warrior from the desert peoples (desert nomads are mostly the Master's allies)

- a halfling riding some kind of lizard-monster - could mean anything

- and Keira, the sorceress from your party! She's alive after all! Great news! Yet it may seem a little suspicious - why is she alive and keeping such strange company? After all, somehow the enemy forces knew about your party and where to ambush you ...[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads