• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Rhun

First Post
Aram puts his shoulder into the boulder as Girgal and his elemental try, hoping that the added strength will prove able to move it.

kinem

Adventurer
Girgal shapes himself into a dire ape, and with Aram's help, manages to roll aside the boulder.

In the nook behind the boulder are a large sack full of gold (about 2000 gp), a longsword, a potion, a scroll, and a jade dragon figurine.

Keira takes a look. "The potion, scroll, and dragon are magical" she says after inspecting them "though the sword is not."

She takes a keen interest in the scroll, and smiles mysteriously.

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller looks up from the man he's tending and smiles at the others findings. "Well, it's a good day friends. We got rid of a couple more of the Master's men, what's left a few thousand or so?" he jokes as the abbot begins removing the armour from the fallen warrior. After removing the gear until the man is left with just his clothing on, Fuller will then call Aram over to tie the enemy up. "My hands are pretty clumsy, you're probably best at tying ropes" he says.

Rhun

First Post
Aram is glad they rolled the boulder away, as the find was well worth the effort. As Aram heeds Fuller's call and ties the captured enemy's hands with some rope, he notes Kiera's smile. "What is on the scroll, that makes you smile so Kiera?"

kinem

Adventurer
Keira replies "Oh, just a little spell ... that will allow me to identify the wand we found earlier, and if I'm right, that will tell us the rest.

So what will we do with the man?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"Leave him outside for the centaurs as a sign of good will?" Girgal suggests.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle
3 (3) – (protection from energy), spirit jaws, blindsight x2 – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5) - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I'd prefer to interrogate him, and not to leave him alive." Aram is grim as he speaks. "He will eventually work free of his bonds, and we can't allow him to warn the enemy."

renau1g

First Post
"Oh dear, no, no, no.... we can't just murder him. No. To do that would be to let them win, even if we kill The Master. We cannot become like them and this would bring us to that level." Father Fuller says, his face firm.

Rhun

First Post
"It won't be murder...he can have that longsword right there. It will be a test of skill." Aram raises an eyebrow. "Most just religions offer trial by combat as a way of demonstrating one's guilt or innocence."

renau1g

First Post
"Oh... I thought you meant to run him through while he was tied up...if you're offering him a chance, then that is mroe acceptable." Father Fuller rationalizes.

Remove ads