X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Jemal

Adventurer
Keira whispers to Fuller beside her "I don't think it IS a dragon. We just passed one illusion.. why not a second?"

The woman calmly, but cautiously, approaches the dragon at a slow steady pace, arms out in a nonthreatening manner. As she approahces, she speaks in draconic.

[sblock=draconic]"I find it hard to believe that a REAL dragon of your apparent size would need to protect his lair with a measly illusion like that wall back there, And if they DID feel the need to hide, they wouldnn't let travellers leave with knowledge of their lair's location. I am the descendant of a great wyrm, and have studied the dragons ways for years. I should warn you that if the true dragons discovered your ruse, you would not last long. They don't take kindly to impersonators. Let us pass and we might forget you even exist."[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram continues to move away from his companions, further to the right.

Aram will approach the ramp from the farthest right he can, so he should be 20-30' from the rest of the group.

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]As Keira approaches the dragon, it looks more and more wrong to her. Its movements are jerky; the face is expressionless and distorted.[/sblock]

The dragon opens its mouth and seems to frighten Keira as steam pours forth.

[sblock=Jemal]A wave of fear washes over Keira. She resists the feeling but is still shaken.

(-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.)[/sblock]

ooc: We are now in combat rounds. I will post a map later, but tell me where you want to be. PCs to act.

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=map]
Code:
XXXXX....DD....XXXXX
.....----DD----.....
.....----------.....
.....----------.....
.....-----K----.....
.....----------.....
.....----F-G---.....
.....----------.....
.....----------.....
.....----------.....
.....----------.....
.....----------.....
.....----------A....

---------- = ramp (0' to 30' high, steep sides)

DD
DD = dragon's head

A = Aram
F = Fuller
G = Girgal + Ripclaw
K = Keira
[/sblock]

ooc: PCs to act

Rhun

First Post
Aram hops up on the ramp and runs up the very edge of it toward the dragon.

Double move to the very top right side of the ramp.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shaking, Keira manages to hold her ground, certain now that this is not a real dragon.. well, fairly certain... she hopes...
"You call that a Breath Weapon?" Kiera takes a big breath of her own, and focuses the magic of her blood into her lungs, expelling it in a ferocious torrent of icy winds as she channels the power of her silver ancestors.

[sblock=ooc]
5'step forwards and sac a 4th level spell slot for my breath weapon
30' Cone, Reflex save DC 20 for half: Cold Damage (8d6=28)
*please note that Keira has Darkvision 60' and blindsense 20', in case there's anything else within that area. Also, does she 'feel' the head's presence or not? I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is up. My three primary thoughts are: illusion, some sort of disguise/prop, or undead. Can I get any knowledge checks given the info I've gathered so far?*

Combat stats:
AC 17, HP 75, Fortitude +8, Reflex +5, Will +8
Darkvision 60', Blindsense 20', Cold Resist 24[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14

Girgal summons an earth elemental right next to the head to attack it..
"Deceiver!"

[sblock=ooc]
summon feat.

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
The icy wind from Keira frosts over, then shatters the dragon's head!

When the dust clears, the truth is revealed, as lantern light spills out of the shattered framework of a mechanical construct. Men inside are working cranks, wheels, bellows and drums. This machinery allowed the dragon to move back and forth, turn its head, move its legs, breathe puffs of steam, and make deep rumbling noises.

One man inside holds a cone-shaped object up to his mouth. "Run!" His booming command in the 'dragon's' voice is directed at the men.

Near where the head was, a robed man appears in several shifting copies, mirror images of each other.

ooc: Girgal can choose a different action as Keira acted first; Father Fuller to act

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller calls upon Amauntor to speed up his allies movements and attacks.

[sblock=OOC]
*Cast Haste *, moving to catch as many of his allies as possible.

58/58 HP, 22 AC, F/R/W: +8/+4/+11

Spells prepared (Save DC 14 + spell level):
0 - 6,Detect Magic (x3, 2), Mending, Light (x2) ;
1st - 4+1+2, Protection from Evil(x2), Divine Favour, Vigor, Lesser(x3), True Strike (D);
2nd - 3+1+1, Bull's Strength(x2), Silence, Heat Metal (D);
3rd - 3+1, Extended Hold Person, Magic Circle Against Evil, Searing Light(x2), Haste(D) ;
4th - 2+1+1, Shield of Faith (Mass), Divine Power, Sound Lance (SPC196) Fire Shield (D)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
renau1g: It's a new day and the party is rested. You might want to reread the conclusion of X4.

Also, you are wearing the commander's platemail and should now know your AC: With the +2 plate armor (effectively half plate due to poor fit), and +1 large shield, FF's AC is 22.

Remove ads