X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"Be careful Aram, there are crocodiles in the water. Maybe I can covince them to let us pass." Girgal says. Near the water, he shows himself and tries to calm the crocodiles with a combination of druidic lore and natural ability.

[sblock=ooc]

Using Wild Empathy (+10), if needed via mindspeak.

active:
barkskin
enhance wild shape
spiderclimb

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Spot +17, Listen +18

not final:
Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), Stone Shape, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), Dispel Magic, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), Greater stone shape - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57 (-)
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jex climbs the wall and watches Girgal talk with the crocs, while eying the strange bear-beasts. "If I could get closer, we could just let Eissun deal with them. Unfortunately, my shadow magic doesn't have a lot of aggressive uses, especially at such range. Or at least, not until I learn more about it. In the meantime, feel free to shoot them, as I doubt they'll be anywhere near friendly."

The shadow elemental, meanwhile, slips into the wall and follows its master upwards.

[sblock=Edit OOC]
If possible, Take 20. Might take a little while, but Jex is a crappy climber. If you need a roll, feel free to roll for me, kinem. Modifier is -1.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Girgal begins trying to pacify the crocodiles - a process which will take several minutes. For now, not seeing any prey in the water, they are just laying in wait.

ooc: You can't take 20 on climb but you can take 10. With the stoneshaped handholds, it's a DC 5 climb check.

With his heavy armor, Fuller is just barely able to make the climb. He pulls himself onto the ledge alongside the others.

The horn blasts from the tower top stop for the moment.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: You don't see any humanoid defenders at this point. Presumably there's one who had been blowing the horn on top of the 100' tall tower, where the airship is docked. No arrows rain down upon you at this point. If there's a face peering over the battlements of the tower, it would be hard to spot from here - the tower's outline against the sky is rough, perhaps adorned with gargoyles, no doubt intentionally to aid the defenders in staying unnoticed.

There's a glass window in the main tower, facing your position, and inside seems dimly lit, though it's hard to tell what's inside from here in the glare of the morning sun, though the sun's at your backs.

Will you attack the owlbears, or walk on the moat to go around them?

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I think the only one who can really deal with the owlbears right now is Aram. Jex is not a good shot, and none/few of his mysteries are long range damage-oriented. That said, it might be a good idea to take them out, in case we need to make a quick exit this way.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Father Fuller voices his own fears. "They may not have expected us to come in this way, but we're giving them plenty of time to regroup."

Rhun

First Post
Aram draws his bow and nocks an arrow, and begins to send arrows streaking toward the nearest owlbear.

Masterwork bow: +13/+8, for 1d8+2 per arrow.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
The owl-headed bears are caught by surprise at the first streaking arrow, and Aram gets in a couple of more arrow hits on the creature before they can react.

The enraged beast roars and clambers into the water, beginning to swim towards Aram across the 20' wide moat.

The other beast that was in the same garden section follows suit.

The owl-bears in the other sections look on closely but don't rush to the aid of these.

ooc: PCs to act

Remove ads