• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Dragonwriter

First Post
The shadow elemental drifts back to the group and his master, trying to point in the direction the blue-robed man went. Jex keeps his focus on the shadow-creature, unable to do anything else of effect.

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the delay.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Amaunator, please guide us." Fuller clasps his hands and prays silently, mentally preparing for what is to come.

Suddenly, the room seems to grow dim. Out of the corner of your eye you see a shadowy figure made of billowing steam or dust, but you can't focus on it. It seems to be holding two swords, then it puts them away and draws a much smaller item, perhaps a dagger. He throws it towards the sphere. The figure dissipates, with the dagger vanishing last. The lighting is normal again and the sphere is unchanged.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Ohhhh! My bad!

Aram finishes stacking furniture in front of the door, and turns to regard his companions within the sphere. "Can I do anything to help?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jex shrugs. "I don't believe so. It would seem we are merely stuck here until the sphere dissipates."

Eissun frantically gestures in the direction of the secret door and the escaping foes.

Rhun

First Post
The dervish frowns. "Any idea how long that will be? I mean, the alarm has been raised...if we're talking hours, we may have a problem."

kinem

Adventurer
"Is it just me ... and under the circumstances it might well be" Fuller says "or was there just some sort of strange ... apparition here? I don't know what it means, but maybe someone was trying to tell us something. Perhaps the gods have taken an interest in our mission, but won't help us more directly, and if so we should surely pay attention. Or, I must admit, perhaps there is some magic in this room meant to mislead us."

Dragonwriter

First Post
In response to Aram, Jex shakes his head and shrugs again. "Not my kind of magic... Hard for me to say."

The shadowcaster then looks at Father Fuller, a curious and simultaneously far-away look in his eyes. "So I wasn't seeing things? That... apparition, as you said? Perhaps your guess is right, but I don't think we'll find out here and now. I take it neither you nor Girgal has a spell remaining that could break this globe?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads