• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Xanathar's Guide Shows Up In The Wild!

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

xg5.jpg
xg4.jpg
xg3.jpg
xg2.jpg
xg1.jpg

You can also pre-order it at Fantasy Grounds for it's November 10th release. They've posted some awesome previews/screenshots. Here's one, but click through for the rest! Also, FG is offering a free copy to a lucky winner in this giveaway.

XanatharFour.jpg

Mike Adkins on Twitter has his copy, signed by some of WotC's employees.

As has the similarly named Michael Atkins!

It looks like Melvin Smif has the first review up. He says that "this is the first book I would claim as a “must have” for everyone who enjoys playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition".

And NewbieDM on Twitter has a review copy and his sharing his general thoughts, although not answering specific questions about the contents.

Purple Pawn has a couple of copies and is giving one away for free. Leave a comment on his blog post, and you might get picked at random.

Aldarc

Legend
It was in the "revised class options" UA after they removed the patron requirements (https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf). But yeah, didn't make the cut - guess they wanted to keep that trick to multi-classed sorcerers, which is fine. :)
It was still effectively a patron requirement as warlocks did not have default access to fireball on their spell list except through the Fiend patron or multiclassing, and WotC likely recognized that in their review of the invocations.

aarduini

Explorer
Hello,

Congrats on getting the book, and thank you for fielding these questions.

I would like to see the Greater Find Steed spell.

gyor

Legend
Hello,

Congrats on getting the book, and thank you for fielding these questions.

I would like to see the Greater Find Steed spell.

Someone on reddit listed the potential steeds as Pegasus, Peryton, Griffin, Sabre Tooth Tiger, Rhino, Dire Wolf.

Someone on reddit listed the potential steeds as Pegasus, Peryton, Griffin, Sabre Tooth Tiger, Rhino, Dire Wolf.

Thanks. Kind of surprised nightmares weren't on there for the oath breakers and conquest paladins, but I guess at CR 3 it is too powerful for the spell. Since I doubt that Pegasi were given for conjure celestial very often (except by cruel DM's), I am glad they have a more reliable avenue to be summoned.

gyor

Legend
Thanks. Kind of surprised nightmares weren't on there for the oath breakers and conquest paladins, but I guess at CR 3 it is too powerful for the spell. Since I doubt that Pegasi were given for conjure celestial very often (except by cruel DM's), I am glad they have a more reliable avenue to be summoned.

Yeah they are all CR 2 except Dire Wolf which is CR 1.

I think Peryton which is a CE monstrosity is meant to balance out the CG Pegasus, although the fact that Paladins are summoning Chaotic mounts as loyal steeds is funny.

Yeah they are all CR 2 except Dire Wolf which is CR 1.

I think Peryton which is a CE monstrosity is meant to balance out the CG Pegasus, although the fact that Paladins are summoning Chaotic mounts as loyal steeds is funny.

I am sure that is right, but, in Family Feud style, if you asked a bunch of gamers for magical mounts (or even greater mounts), I expect nightmares would be the top three answers. Still with nightmares origins being "messed up pegasi", they are probably comparatively rare. No manticore either--I suppose we will have to wait for 2020's splat book, Asmodeus Guide to Really Good Deals :devil:, for that.

gyor

Legend
I am sure that is right, but, in Family Feud style, if you asked a bunch of gamers for magical mounts (or even greater mounts), I expect nightmares would be the top three answers. Still with nightmares origins being "messed up pegasi", they are probably comparatively rare. No manticore either--I suppose we will have to wait for 2020's splat book, Asmodeus Guide to Really Good Deals :devil:, for that.

I'm hoping it allows you to still choose if it is a fiend, fey, or Celestial, a Fiendish Pegasus could be cool for a Hellknight character.

pukunui

Legend
Here's a quick preview of what's in the book:

[video=youtube;jpm85cZbyJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpm85cZbyJI[/video]

Remove ads

Remove ads