• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB Rules Feedback!

Kalanyr

Explorer
If you've got any questions or complaints about YB rules as they stand post them here for discussion. Since I'm free from Uni, I'm gonna catch up on everything I missed.

Current Topics:
Should the Dojo/Gang structure be loosened (eg Delay in Dojo Styles for the unaligned rather than total loss)
How do you feel about the current system for Dishonoured Dojos.

Rathan

First Post
I belive it should be.. I mean as it is.. almost everyone is tied to Darkwolf and his dojo and styles.. I feel we need more freedom from this.... and I also belive as you suggest... it should be delayed..... makes it fair and wise to join a gang/dojo.. ;P

Knight Otu

First Post
I think Delay rather than loss is a good thing.

I'd also like some flexibility in dishonored dojos. It's not really fun if a new dojo is closed almost immediately due to bad luck of the founder, and it reduces the options for new Honor/Yakuza fighters who do not immediately join Darkwolk directly. ;)

Darkwolf

First Post
At least you have a little bit of option unlike the yakuza who have no choice but to be a part of the MegaMeowth Clan at rank 2.

Rathan

First Post
Don't get me wrong DW.... you worked VERY hard to get your character where he is today.... I just feel if everyone has similar styles it makes the game a small bit less fun..that's all...

reiella

Explorer
The Team Rocket structure is strong...

And well, mostly my opinion is the same as I said before. There needs to be a real reason/incentive to join the structures rather than just be solo.

That was a strong advantage that Evil had in YB1 was the DB against YBs... DB had one more 'trick' on average because the YBs weren't forced into a structure.

There are still path options if you do not wish to be a member of the gang system or the dojo structure through the three other pathes, which, themselves are more designed around the 'solo' fighter.

Phoenix8008

First Post
By delaying of Dojo styles, do you mean that an Honor path fighter for instance, would get a dojo style slot filled one tier later if he did not join in with another dojo?

As for changing the Dishonored Dojo system, I'm not sure. What kind of changes are we talking about. Something about making it easier to keep the dojo open even with a little bit of a losing record, right?

Rathan

First Post
Phoenix... I have no idea what kal has in mind for a delay in dojo styles..... but I do know that you are just about right on with the dishonor part of this discussion.....

Knight Otu

First Post
I think a delay in the obtaining of styles is a good incentive to join a dojo. The delay could either be one or two tiers. Two tiers would mean a greater incentive to join a dojo. The same would apply to gangs. :)

Remove ads