• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB Rules Feedback!

Rathan

First Post
hmmm.... I would like to see -1 damage.... but to me if it aint broke don't fix it... and I don't see anything broken about it...... ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, I would vote to switch it to -1 damage instead of total immunity for styles and locs.

I would also vote for the Dojo styles to be delayed by 1 (maybe two, but I prefer 1) Tier for an unaligned Honor path fighter.

As for the 'loosening' of the dishonored dojo rules, I would have to see some specific examples of ideas before I could say whether I liked them better or not.

reiella

Explorer
My stance on immunities in general is kinda known, and it would do a bit to help 'weaken' the higher tiered fighter to give the lower tier a chance (maybe not much of one, but at least better than Dratini's chance against Gray :p).

Knight Otu

First Post
A random idea for dishonored dojo, maybe it can kickstart a few better ideas:

Dojo Disgrace and Dishonor
Dojos (and gangs) can only provide their full training benefits as long as they are not disgraced or dishonored, meaning that they have no negative record.

A dojo with a negative record is either disgraced or dishonored, depending on the number of styles taught:
For each point of negative record, the teacher must choose two of his taught styles. These styles are not available for new students (but old students learning these styles are not affected). As long as the dojo teaches at least one style this way, it is disgraced. If it loses access to all styles it can teach, it is dishonored, and cannot accept new students.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Knight Otu, that idea sounds pretty good. It's a fairly simple mechanic and would be easy to implement in current dojo's. Would this work the same for Gangs and their locations?

Rathan

First Post
Not bad Kight.... not bad at all.... I'd be willing to back that in a poll if need be...

I have a few ideas of my own as well I'd like to air for discussion.....

1.) Sneaky Trick for the Yakuza path to me is useless... except for maybe a go last place holder... I feel something needs to take it's please......any suggestions?

2.) I've talked to kal about this one... he feels it could put a kink in the way Corruption/redeem would work but I thought I'd throw it out here... I feel a new path should be constructed.... it might bring more people back in YB and more newbies as well... just something to spice up YB a little bit you know.. ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
I don't see a reason why my idea should not work for gangs.

A sixth path might be interesting, but the question would be how it can be made unique...
It might be a second, less yen-oriented neutral path, or maybe an extension of the sash similar to the light/dark paths.

Darkwolf

First Post
I also support Otu's idea.

I support the sig immunity change to -1 but perhaps say that the ones that are mastered are immune to keep some of the flavor of knowing the style?

Remove ads