• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Diaochan alone in Wicht's Lair

Wicht

Hero
The southwest pillar rises up out of the center of the Bizarre and Diaochan notices some imps standing guard outside a door in the middle of the huge rock pillar.

There is another gate on the northwest side of the Bizarre which leads to a short path to a large round building, likely an arena.

Wicht

Hero
The imps stare at her funny for a moment. It appears they are unused to having strangers greet them in a friendly fashion.

Then one of them says in a high shrill voice, "What do you want?"

tleilaxu

First Post
Maybe a lot and maybe a little. I'm in the need of money and am curious how much you fellas get paid and if the boss is good.

Wicht

Hero
The imps burst into a frenzy of laughter.

"Demons don't get paid," exclaims one, "We do what we do for the pure pleasure of it!"

"Well, except sometimes we do it so the bigger demons don't eat us alive," mutters one imp, but another hits him alongside the head and he is silent.

"Now the bigger demons, they might get something from the big boss, but if so, they don't tell us what it is."

tleilaxu

First Post
Diaochan conitnues to chat them up, trying to figure out who their boss is and what exactly they are doing...

But there are non-demons working for the boss. Pleasure of it? Looks like you guys got one of the boring jobs, guarding this pillar. Not too many chances to torture or maim I'd guess.

Wicht

Hero
"You are right!" exclaims one imp, and then to the others, "This is a boring job! Why don't we quit?"

"Because we'd get eaten alive."

"Oh. Yeah. Right."

"At least we get to heckle people," cackles one of the imps.

"And as for those non demons," says another of the imps, "Well, some of them just get a place to live, but others... well some of them get much juicier incentives. He waggles his ears in a certain way, and Diaochan gets the impression it means he's trying to be secretive.

"Hee, hee. The cults" whispers one imp to another in a loud stage whisper.

Wicht

Hero
"Um, well, the cults get to conduct strange and eldritch rituals in the hopes of conjuring forth great old things from the depths of time, now then, don't they."

"Yeah, where else would they be allowed to do that sort of thing?"

"Why are you so interested anyway?" asks one of the imps suspiciously.

tleilaxu

First Post
Like I said before, I'm scouting about for a position that would be appropriate for my skills. Diaochan smiles amiably But unless you guys have anything more to share I'll let you get back to your work Diaochan begans to step away.

Is the arena at the western edge of the city? Diaochan continues west...

Remove ads