• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Tomb Again

Wicht

Hero
The path of the dead continues in a west-north-westerly fashion, uphill until Kalath comes to a path going south. The sign declares it to be the "Path of Weeping." The path of weeping heads straight south along the top of the hill and Kalath can just make out what he knows to be a well at it's end. He can also see the edifice that is Wicht's Tomb not too far from the well, but the distance gives lie to its size and from where he stands it looks like a fairly small crypt.

Nearer, just to the east of the path of weeping is the very ornate crypt decorated with wolves and vines. Kalath can recall being denied entrance into that place.

The path of the dead continues in a westerly direction but there seems to be nothing further down it.

Wicht

Hero
The path of the dead continues about a quarter of a mile further and then comes to an end atop a hill. The hill drops steeply down and the cemetery fence winds north-east and south at the bottom. There is a railing of sort at the end of the path and in fact a bench. It appears almost as an observation point of some sort but there is nothing to see but cemetery and beyond miles of grassland.

Wicht's Tomb is almost due south of this point and can be seen even from this distance.

Wicht

Hero
As Kalath approaches the crypt, he sees that it looks almost exactly as it did the last time he was here, very large and majestic, even more so in the light than at night.

I will be gone for a while, will try to post at least once more before hitting the sack in a few hours

graydoom

First Post
Kalath climbs the stairs and enters the tomb once more.

Once he enters the tomb, Kalath looks around for the caretaker, Willford.

Wicht

Hero
Again, the inside of the tomb appears just as it did at kalath's last visit.

It does not take long for Kalath to spot Willford or Willford to spot Kalath. The ghostly man glides over to the fighter...

"You again? But there is something different about you this time... what do you want?"

graydoom

First Post
"Heh. Hello, Willford. It's good to see you again."

"First, I wish to apologize for my rudeness before. I was far too rash and should not have barged in like that. I apologize for my actions."

"Second, in my dealings with the other inhabitants of this place, one of the smarter creatures advised me to seek you out. He said that you could give work... and it would be work that helped the Boss. I'm interested in that type of work."

Kalath waits for Willford's response.

Wicht

Hero
"I suppose I can give work, but normally I do so only for those the master has approved..."

Willford pauses a bit and then smiles evilly

"What you really need is an interview with the master... which I can arrange but first I can,... yes I can give you a, shall we say, a test?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads