• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Tomb Again

Wicht

Hero
The door opens and Kalath looks up into the face of a small giant.

"Look, I know theres a password and if those imps upstairs told you there was no password for down here well, thats your fault for listening to them...

"Now who sent you and what do you want and WHATS the password or I can't let you in without say so from someone in the hall or downstairs so don't give me none of this, 'lets go upstairs garbage.'"

Kalath notices the giant has been eating a lot of garlic recently from the smell of his powerful breath.

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
"Good, good, you're following the proper procedures. I was sent to make sure that everything was being done correctly. As you have no doubt heard... there have been problems recently. Disturbances, both explained and unexplained. Even Willford has been bothered, and one fool actually tried to confront Dizrinantus. I was sent to make sure that not just anyone could gain access down here. And I'm glad to see that you are doing a very good job. Going upstairs solves nothing."

Kalath nods. "Now then, if I could just make sure that you do, in fact, know the password, I can be on my way. You've been a great help."

As he speaks, Kalath has been slowly edging into a position where he can get inside the door before it closes if the giant tries to close it... but he makes no sudden movements as he waits for the giant's response.

graydoom

First Post
"Well, you see, I have to check that you know the password, by the mechanic of having you tell it to me, so I can make sure that everything runs smoothly down here. Don't worry, I"m just checking this. Once I finish these checks I'll be one my way."

Wicht

Hero
"Oh I see! You want me to tell you the password is decomposing. But I don't think I am supposed to do that. Anyway, I know the password. And you are gonna tell them I'm doing good - right."

graydoom

First Post
"Thank you. You've been a great help, and I will certainly tell them that you are going a great job. To do that, however, I'll need your name and the usual times that you guard this door."

Wicht

Hero
The giant says, "I'm Girfang and I am normally here with my mates from lunch till dinner. In fact I gotta get off of work here in about an hour and then me and some chums are gonna head over to the pit for some rock tossing."

graydoom

First Post
After the giant answers, Kalath nods. "Thanks again, Girfang, and it's time for me to on my way. I'll be sure to mention you. And here, have this... you've made my job a lot easier with the great job that you're doing here."

Kalath hands a yen to the giant, and then turns around and heads back upstairs, making a mental note to come back here someday. One more loose end to deal with someday....

Once Kalath reaches the room with the coffins, he moves the torch back to its original position and exits.

Remove ads