• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Sharlea goes it Alone V

Wicht

Hero
Sharlea stands upon the arena sands as a host of guards begin to slowly move into position to rush at her. The two drudges who had come out to collect the body hesitate uncertainly - the door behind them open and leading down into the unknown, but certainly away from the guards.

The question is – stay and fight against overwhelming odds, or exit the arena before the guards are in position to attack?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Seeing what may be her only chance, Sharlea decides to make use of it. She hesitates for just a moment though. Raising her hammer high toward the judges and the crowd, Sharlea smiles and salutes them all. With a triumphant shout she thanks them all for their cheers and applause before lowering her weapon and sprinting past the drudges and into the darkness beyond...

Wicht

Hero
Right past the door is a stairwell going down for about fifteen feet. At the bottom of the stairwell is a hewn tunnel. It is lit by two torches halfway down the tunnel. At the end of the tunnel is a single round door, partially ajar.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Remembering that some of her pursuers could sense her aura somehow, Sharlea takes a moment to reign in her emotions and her mental emanations. She also quickly pulls on the red robe she acquired earlier just to change her overall appearence. With her physical and mental selves both disguised as best she can right now, Sharlea hurridly continues down the tunnel to the partially opened door while keeping her eyes and ears open for signs of pursuit from behind OR in front of her...

Wicht

Hero
The door opens up to reveal a room. Curiously, despite hundreds of bodies having in all likelyhood being carried into this room, it is devoid of a single corpse. What it does contain though are hundreds of planks of wood, each about seven feet long, several bales of twine and a large hole in the middle of the floor.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Summoning a flame from her Phoenix-Claw sword, Sharlea lights a plank of wood aflame and then tosses it down the pit to see if she can see anything down there... like how far down it is at least...

Wicht

Hero
:D Sorry about the delay. I took the kids to see the grandparents and my mom in the interest of family time decided to curtail my internet activity on her computer. I had planned on posting once or twice while there.

The torch lands in a stream of water about fifteen feet below the hole and then goes out.

Wicht

Hero
Sharlea lands in the water and finds that it is deeper than she is tall. She struggles to stay afloat as a quick current begins pulling her away into darkness.

Undertow: The wolf breaks the island; conceals the edge of the ledge!

Last edited:

Remove ads