• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Year of The Zombie...What do people think?

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
How about with modules?

I understand the desire for Pregenerated PC's that won't get beat up by a homeless guy armed with a wet paper bag, but what else would you like to see? What "time" so to speak? From what I gather, many people have difficulty with Zero Hour, but I don't know if that's across the board.

Kesh

First Post
Warlord Ralts said:
Well, Kesh, are there any other questions you would like to ask?
Sorry for not responding before now. Just moved, and it took the phone service a few weeks to get DSL turned on for us.

I think you've covered everything. Like I said, I had simply heard a few folks who complained about such content, but it doesn't sound gratuitous to me. Thanks for the info!

PJ-Mason

First Post
Well, i got the update the peeps at UKG sent out for YOTZ. Great Stuff. That is primetime customer service. Well done. I appreciate it.

C. Baize

First Post
Hey!
I also think the next book is available..
The one about slavers and such.
Fleshmongers.

And hey.. more art of my favorite of the iconics, though I might be a bit on the biased side, since I played him in the playtests. :D

C. Baize

First Post
I just thought of a question for anyone running/playing YotZ...
How would you handle a Moreau in this setting?
According to the book, the Zombies ignore animals... does that include Moreaus?
And zombie infection only affects humans... are Moreaus immune?
If both of these are so, then that opens up some interesting gaming situations...

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
You can find your way to my 4-Star review of YotZ by clicking on the yellow link in my .sig ;)

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
C. Baize said:
Hey! That review only has 4 stars...

Whoops! My bad! I forgot that I dropped a star due to the societial and mental aspects (the true crux of zombie apocalypse settings) being buried at the back of the book.

DeBhaal

First Post
Heh, I'm another one of the infamous playtesters of the YotZ system, and I've got to say, that Ralts went easier on anyone who uses this book for their games, than he did when we were playtesting everything.

I played Thomas who shows up in some of the flavor text ... he was the one stuck up the telephone pole when the rest the part found him.

I'd like to put out a request for perhaps a free pdf for DMs who might not be sure how to start things out, of a few ideas of how to run things during the Zero Hour, more of a fluff type thing, not going into mechanics of everything.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads