• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Year of The Zombie...What do people think?

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
Kesh said:
Sorry for not responding before now. Just moved, and it took the phone service a few weeks to get DSL turned on for us.

I think you've covered everything. Like I said, I had simply heard a few folks who complained about such content, but it doesn't sound gratuitous to me. Thanks for the info!
It's cool, I've been busy with IRL crapola, so I hadn't checked here for awhile.

Yeah, it's definately not gratitious, it's basically a fact of life in a setting like that.

Fleshmongers was the hardest to write. A lot of the aspects of slavery are glossed over in fantasy and sci-fi fiction and games, but I wanted to paint a grim, gritty, and true to life picture of the horror that it is. Sadly, being a female meant it was worse.

Still, I'll have to repeat this...

YEAR OF THE ZOMBIE IS MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY DUE TO DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE, SAVAGERY, CANNABLISM, PROFANITY, AND CRUELTY!

I like the setting, but it's definately not for everyone.

Next six books are, BTW, in no particular order:

Hold At All Costs: 1 "All You Can Eat Buffet": Picking up where HAAC:0 left off, with the PC's returning to the embassy to find out there's a general recall, and they're tasked to recover people and bring them back to the embassy.

Hold At All Costs: 2 "SEMPER FI!" Continuing in the series, the PC's have to hold the embassy, and deal with difficulties. Exhausted, wounded, suffering battle fatigue, all they have to do is hold the place until everyone is evacuated. Should be easy, right right?

Raiders (Working Title): Bring forth the bad-guy Raider types, but also differentiates between raiding for survival and raiding the old cities and towns compared to raiding convoys and surviving settlements. It also contains workups for automatic weapons fire, vehicle combat, scavenging rules.

Headstompers & Stemwinders: Some of the roughtest guys out there. From good people, to people who don't care, to just plain eeeevil people. While it will be YotZ focused, they'll be good for any post apacolyptic setting.

Rotting Backdrops: San Carillo The first in a series of how the Rising affected areas outlined and detailed in Modern Backdrops.

The Road to Pain: Starting Zero Hour, this details a group of average people who go from stopping at a roadside accident out front of a truckstop to into the Rising. Probably a multi-module series, this is in response to repeated requests for a non-military campaign line of modules. I plan to eventually have ones for all kinds of backgrounds, that all intersect about the 5th module in each series.

All in all, it looks like a lot of people are happy with it. I will admit I was worried it might not pack the right punch, or not quite have the feel I was looking for.

If there was one thing I could change in the core book, it would have to be: More space. I would have loved to add about another 50 or 100 pages to it, but it was just getting so big.

ukgpublishing

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Whoops! My bad! I forgot that I dropped a star due to the societial and mental aspects (the true crux of zombie apocalypse settings) being buried at the back of the book.

what!!! you mean you knocked a star off because the book wasn't laid out in the right order in your opinion, no bads with the content oh wow we could have had a 5 star staff review if only........

no probs just a joke

kevin (not john)
UKG

Jim Hague

First Post
Roudi said:
Just to clairify: yes, d20 Modern does work on six ability-based core classes. However, d20 Modern works on an HP system, not on a Vitality / Wounds system. The only d20 game that uses VP/WP that I know of is Star Wars d20.

Spycraft and Spycraft 2.0 also have a W/VP system.

Remove ads