• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You can't run but you can Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Coskiller will be the American name that is given to him. :p The other one will be what is written in Japanese when ever he appears and does his "I'm a Badguy who needs to be feared since I like killing people" evil pose.

Who would give him the name Coskiller?

I can hear the questions now:

"He hates Bill Cosby?"

"He has issues with Costco?"

"He kills people just 'cause?"

"He kills for a cause? Which one?"

Surely, we can do better.

(and no, I won't stop calling you "Shirley")

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Who would give him the name Coskiller?

I can hear the questions now:

"He hates Bill Cosby?"

"He has issues with Costco?"

"He kills people just 'cause?"

"He kills for a cause? Which one?"

Surely, we can do better.

(and no, I won't stop calling you "Shirley")

He is called the "Coskiller" because he "Cosplays" as anime characters. That is, he dresses up as them, and then kills people. So "Coskiller".

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Coskiller = CosPlayer (Costume Player) Killer

I got the reference...but I know what a CosPlayer is.

That name gets into the media- assuming that's what he'd call himself- and...kerfluffle! He's a laughing-stock (at least for a little while).

The world at large simply wouldn't understand and would just mock away.

Think of it...its like the flipside of the Thomas Harris' novel, Red Dragon, in which the serial killer is dubbed the "Tooth Fairy" by the media...which ticks him off and he reveals he refers to his other (killing) self as "The Great Red Dragon" after William Blake's painting "The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun."

If the media tried to give him a name, they'd probably label him something like the "______ Killer" after his first murder if they caught the detail that he was mimicking a particular anime character. They might then think that a subsequent killing done by a different "anime character killer" was some kind of copycat. As the killings continued? Someone would start to put the pieces of the puzzle together...but they'd be more likely to come up with some kind of "MangaManiac" or "Ani-mal"- the words "manga" and "anime" being more familiar to the wider world than "cosplay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads