• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You don't need silver to kill a werewolf??

Would throwing some sp count as an improvised weapon? :)

I did that, in a prior edition. Well, not "thrown," but using coins as sling ammo. Hefty penalty to hit, but the DM ruled that if I hit, it did real damage. :)

That said, no, werewolves haven't required silver to kill in any edition I'm familiar with. The silver has just made it easier--which it still does.

Nytmare

David Jose
Been a trope of fiction/media for ages that BIG damage can kill lycanthropes, not just silver : dynamite, fire etc. So it's ok by me.

I just want to point out that, according to The Monster Squad, dynamite will not kill a werewolf, but kicking him in the nards will allow you to get past him and end the encounter.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqeMe3X884o[/ame]

Last edited:

great film, lol!
never overlook a chance to use good B movie line at suitable moments in yer D&D game!

Aww, man, fat kid farted!

Hey Fat Kid! Good job.
My name... is Horace! *pumps shotgun*

Patrick: You're not a virgin are you?
Patrick's Sister: [shakes her head]
Patrick: No? What do you mean No?
Patrick's Sister: Well, Steve... but he doesn't count.
Patrick: DOESN'T COUNT?

haha!! :D sorry for derail ;)

urzafrank

First Post
If I'd played those I'd know that. You needed silver (or +x) in AD&D 2E and previous.

So in the older versions you did not NEED silver just a real good magic weapons.

Which i know is true because I have been playing since the Red Box.

D&D Werewolves= Never NEEDED silver to kill them

keterys

First Post
And by 'real good' we mean 'you already had +1 weapon before you ran into a werewolf'.

So... compared to the editions you're thinking of, silver helps defeat them _more_ in 4e.

Remove ads